Just three weeks ago, it looked like 50 Cent’s The Massacre would be the top-selling CD of 2005. But Mariah Carey’s The Emancipation of Mimi has overtaken it this week, edging out Fiddy’s disc 4.87 million copies to 4.83 million. Not bad, especially since Massacre has been in stores six weeks longer than Mimi. If Mimi stays the course, it’ll be the first disc by a female solo artist to top the annual sales list since Alanis Morissette’s Jagged Little Pill 10 years ago. Congrats, Mariah, and I’ll see you in Times Square for New Year’s Eve this weekend. (I’ll be the one with the funny hat.)
Mariah Carey has the year's top-selling CD
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- 'Mockingjay': 2014's top movie presale tix
- Dean Norris as 'American Dad' guest voice
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'