Just three weeks ago, it looked like 50 Cent’s The Massacre would be the top-selling CD of 2005. But Mariah Carey’s The Emancipation of Mimi has overtaken it this week, edging out Fiddy’s disc 4.87 million copies to 4.83 million. Not bad, especially since Massacre has been in stores six weeks longer than Mimi. If Mimi stays the course, it’ll be the first disc by a female solo artist to top the annual sales list since Alanis Morissette’s Jagged Little Pill 10 years ago. Congrats, Mariah, and I’ll see you in Times Square for New Year’s Eve this weekend. (I’ll be the one with the funny hat.)
Mariah Carey has the year's top-selling CD
- Adele: 2 unreleased songs leak (briefly)
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI statement
- Justin Bieber: Assault charges in Ontario
- Joan Rivers on life support: Family statement
- CeeLo Green deletes tweets on defining rape
- Tyne Daly to guest on 'Modern Family'
- Rosie Perez + 4 join Larry David B'way play
- 'Love Prison': Watch episode 1 here
- Haruki Murakami's 'Strange Library' in English
- 'Downton' teaser: 'The world is changing'