Gosh! A year after his breakthrough role in Napoleon Dynamite, Jon Heder has, like, six movies in the pipeline. (Not to mention those cool action figures.) First up is Just Like Heaven (Sept. 16), in which Heder’s shaggy-haired medium steals scenes from spectral Reese Witherspoon and earthly beau Mark Ruffalo. (”He’s our Whoopi,” Witherspoon tells EW.) He just signed on to star in School for Scoundrels (Heder vies with his self-help guru, Billy Bob Thornton, for the affections of his dream girl). He’s voiced characters in two animated movies, Monster House and Surf’s Up (about wave-riding penguins). Already in the can are Benchwarmers (Heder, David Spade, and Rob Schneider play non-jock adults who compete against Little Leaguers) and Mila Kunis’ romantic comedy Moving McAllister, where he has a supporting role as a hitchhiker. Heder tells MTV News he doesn’t mind being typecast. ”It’s fun playing a dorky guy,” he says. ”Or someone ugly.” Dang!
Sweet! Napoleon Dynamite is flippin' EVERYWHERE!
- Golden Globes nominations are in
- Golden Globes noms: Who's up/down for Oscars?
- Golden Globes TV noms: Nice surprises, nasty snubs
- Golden Globes movie noms: Who got snubbed?
- Taylor Schilling on 'Golden' glow for 'Orange'
- Jared Leto gets Globes news on tour bus
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' recap: 'Head'
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a line in the sand
Top 5 Most Read
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a Line in the Sand
- '12 Years a Slave' and 'American Hustle' lead Golden Globe nominees
- 'Britney Jean' nets Britney Spears her worst opening week ever; Garth Brooks and Duck Dynasty carry on