click here to see the entire 64-player bracket (then click again on the image for a zoomed-in view). Polls are open for 48 hours only, so support your favorites in battle, lest they be relegated to a prison where Miley Cyrus music is on repeat loop! [Related: To get updates on every Sexy Beast bracket, follow me on Twitter @EWMichaelSlezak!] READ FULL STORYAccording to the philosopher Miley Cyrus, “It’s always gonna be an uphill battle/ Sometimes I’m gonna have to lose.” But Miley Cyrus is a mere human, and therefore does not speak the same language as the combatants in EW.com’s Sexy Beast single-elimination bracket tournament. Yes folks, our roster of 64 players has been cut in half, then cut in half again, and the first of our Sweet Sixteen battles include players from True Blood, V, Doctor Who, X-Men, Beowulf, Twilight, and Underworld. And for the first time in Sexy Beast history, we’ve got lady beasts facing gentlemen beasts! So click through past the jump to vote for your favorites in a quartet of bodacious bouts, and to get a look at lists of the 16 seeded players (and the actors who portray ‘em) in all four of our beastly divisions. (Eliminated beasts have their names crossed out: Let’s have a moment of sexy silence for ‘em now!) Plus, you can
Tag: X-Men (31-40 of 74)
- Twilight vamp Edi Gathegi has been tapped to play Darwin in X-Men: First Class. A character who possess the ability to “adapt to any situation or environment,” Darwin can, for example, grow gills underwater. Which, of course, now means Kanye finally has a friend! [Deadline]
- Steve Coogan is the latest to join My Idiot Brother. The actor will play a “self-righteous documentary filmmaker” in the film, which stars Paul Rudd. [Deadline]
- Cillian Murphy will star in The Retreat, which follows a couple whose vacation is interrupted when they discover an airborne virus has wiped out most of the mainland’s population. I’ll predict the film’s big twist: mainland = Jersey Shore house. [Deadline]
- NBC announced in a press release that William Baldwin will join Parenthood for a multi-episode arc. The actor will play Gordon Flint, a “dedicated bachelor” who forces employee Adam (Peter Krause) to execute grunt work, and develops a crush on Sarah (Lauren Graham). Sarah likely becomes briefly excited when she confuses Gordon for his older, more successful brother Alec Flint, but is ultimately happy it’s not Stevie B. Flint.
Professor X. Then Magneto. Then Emma Frost. Then Beast, Banshee, and Havok. It seems like every time I turn around, a new mutant has been cast, and much like Deadpool at the end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, my head is spinning (Though, still attached). For now, I’m just trying to ignore all the casting rumors. I don’t know who is going to end up in the final movie. I don’t know if Fox is trying to mislead the media and keep their superhero lineup under wraps. All I know is that there are a few X-Men I’m dying to see on the big screen, and I haven’t heard anything about them yet!The casting decisions surrounding Fox’s forthcoming blockbuster X-Men: First Class have been coming at us faster than a speeding bullet. (Yes, that is a DC Comics reference. Deal with it.) First there was
DISCLAIMER: The X-Men universe is pretty flexible. READ FULL STORY
So far, every piece of news has left me dizzy with anticipation. I’m stoked to see James McAvoy play a young Professor X, I know Michael Fassbender will be great as young Magneto, and I like everything that the movie’s four credited screenwriters have worked on. Now, we’ve got some more advance news to add to the pile. According to The Hollywood Reporter‘s Heat Vision Blog, She’s Out Of Your League‘s Alice Eve is currently negotiating to star as the White Queen, the blonde British bombshell with a penchant for instigating telepathic melodrama. READ FULL STORY
In the grand tradition of shirtless warriors — see: Brad Pitt (Troy) and Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) — today we add a new hunk to that list: Jason Momoa as Conan the Barbarian 2.0. The founding father of muscle, Governor Schwarzenegger, originated the role in the 1982 film, about a child sold into slavery who must avenge the massacre of his tribe.
This is the first still the studio has released for the film (due out next year), and judging by the long hair, biceps, and steel-cold face, I think Momoa fits the part quite nicely. For those of you less focused on his pecs, what do you think of this first image? Does it fit the bill for you?
Photo: Nu Boyana Studios
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood on tonight's live show and hate tweets from Julie Andrews fans
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' will open in 2016
- 'Glee': Watch Rachel, Kurt, and Santana sing with a hot shirtless Santa --…
- 'Sound of Music': We live blogged it!
- Capsule TV Reviews: Give These Shows a Second Chance