Our pop-culture guide to what’s in, what’s fading, and what’s definitely out.
Tag: Willie Geist (1-2 of 2)
Last night at the New York City Wine and Food Festival, celebrity chef and globe-trotting bad boy Anthony Bourdain got roasted. And no, it didn’t involve an open flame and a spit — it was a comedy roast, in which his friends and peers swapped jokes at his expense for charity. Guests included other celebrity chefs — Rachael Ray, Guy Fieri — as well as comedians and television personalities, like The Today Show‘s Willie Geist.
Bourdain shot to fame with his 2000 memoir, Kitchen Confidential, which detailed his raunchy and drug-addled years in the food industry. He now hosts the popular Travel Channel shows No Reservations and The Layover. But in spite of his current success — or perhaps because of it — many of the night’s guests made sure to harp on his seedy past. Chef Ted Allen joked, “[He's an] ex-chef, ex-junkie who’s made a fortune insulting his ex-industry,” and Sarah Silverman kicked off the night in a pre-taped segment by warning, “There’s gonna be a lot of great lines tonight, and you can’t snort any of them.”
- 'Agents of SHIELD' role for Tim DeKay
- 'Sing-Off' returning to NBC for season 5
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' cast adds two
- Alyssa Milano exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- 'Twilight Saga': 5 short films on Facebook
- 'Selfie' premiere ratings: Little to 'like'
- 'Shameless,' more Showtime premiere dates
- Harry Potter fan sets Guinness World Record
- Tracy Morgan responds to Walmart filing
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'