Our pop-culture guide to what’s in, what’s fading, and what’s definitely out.
Tag: Willie Geist (1-2 of 2)
Last night at the New York City Wine and Food Festival, celebrity chef and globe-trotting bad boy Anthony Bourdain got roasted. And no, it didn’t involve an open flame and a spit — it was a comedy roast, in which his friends and peers swapped jokes at his expense for charity. Guests included other celebrity chefs — Rachael Ray, Guy Fieri — as well as comedians and television personalities, like The Today Show‘s Willie Geist.
Bourdain shot to fame with his 2000 memoir, Kitchen Confidential, which detailed his raunchy and drug-addled years in the food industry. He now hosts the popular Travel Channel shows No Reservations and The Layover. But in spite of his current success — or perhaps because of it — many of the night’s guests made sure to harp on his seedy past. Chef Ted Allen joked, “[He's an] ex-chef, ex-junkie who’s made a fortune insulting his ex-industry,” and Sarah Silverman kicked off the night in a pre-taped segment by warning, “There’s gonna be a lot of great lines tonight, and you can’t snort any of them.”
- 'Simpsons' to air 24 hours a week on FXX
- Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably': Daughter
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Outlaw Pete' as book
- Miley Cyrus' VMA date deals with '11 warrant
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- 'Arrow' role for 'Glee' alum Nolan Funk
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are married
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...