On last night’s Parenthood, we watched Max and classmate Micah bond while sitting out gym class. I cheered and got a little misty. When Max, who has Asperger’s, invited Micah over to his house to play videogames, and Micah’s mother told Adam and Kristina that Micah, who has spina bifida, has never had a friend before, I teared up. Truly, it filled me with the amount of joy I usually get watching a will-they-or-won’t-they TV couple finally get together after seasons of anticipation. I think I’m even happier for the parents than I am for the boys. I don’t have children, but on some level, having a late father who lost his ability to walk and communicate during a lengthy illness, I understand what it’s like to want so badly to bring joy into someone’s life and the power of the moment when you feel like it’s actually happening. Who else got misty? Poll below. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Why Am I Crying? (91-100 of 365)
- Jessica Biel to guest on 'New Girl'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting Prince Hans
- Stephen Colbert 'Late Show' in N.Y.
- Whitney Houston's mom vs. biopic
- 'Sinister Six' in '16; 'Spidey 3' in '18
- 'Scandal' role for Portia de Rossi
- Michelle Fairley joins 'Resurrection'
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5': July 7, 2017
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online