You may have noticed that snow is falling, like, everywhere. In cities. In the countryside. On cedars. It’s a snow day! Well, not for us grown-ups, who have to go to work and pay the bills and do laundry and wake up every morning barely even recognizing the face we see in the mirror. But for kids, today is one of those magical days when the universe decides that school is canceled. To mark this special occasion, a pair of administrators at Durham Academy in North Carolina created a snow day announcement video. Or rather, “music video,” since they rewrote Vanilla Ice’s “Ice Ice Baby.” Sample line: “Polar Vortex has a hold of us tightly/Wind like a harpoon daily and nightly.” So, yes, their lyrics are better than Vanilla Ice’s. Check it out below: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Weather (1-4 of 4)
'Good Morning America,' Britney Spears, and fans say goodbye to weather anchor Sam Champion -- VIDEO
Wednesday morning was ABC weather anchor Sam Champion’s final day at Good Morning America. Champion, who has been with the network for 25 years, announced earlier this week that he is leaving to join the Weather Channel. His co-anchors, Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos, Josh Elliott, and Lara Spencer, bid him farewell with a series of career retrospective videos, funny green-screen moments, and celebrity well-wishers.
“You encompass all that is good and right in this world,” Robin Roberts said, “and you show it each and every day when you show up here.” They played a reel of Champion’s globe-trekking career, where he reported on everything from levee leaks and the Joplin tornadoes to Hurricane Sandy and the Icelandic glaciers.
“It’s been a gift to work with you each and every day, Sam,” said Elliott, who got quite choked up saying his farewells.
“I love you guys more than I can express,” Champion said. “I’ve had the extreme joy that I don’t think very many people will ever know of working with your friends and your family. This will always be my home.”
Watch Champion’s farewell below, with a special message from Britney Spears (who knew she was a five-day forecast fan!):
READ FULL STORY
Did congressman Frank Underwood manipulate Mother Nature into unleashing Winter Storm Nemo? If you’ve been watching Netflix’s House of Cards, you’ll know that Kevin Spacey’s character is capable of pretty much anything — and if you haven’t been watching it (but happen to live on the East Coast), whaddaya know, the ginormous blizzard currently barreling toward you will give you the perfect opportunity to start. Frank, you sly dog!
Of course, if you don’t want to give Rep. Underwood the satisfaction of victory, you can always ditch House of Cards for any number of other streaming options perfect for binge-viewing. Here’s a list of our top picks:
– In May, new episodes of Arrested Development will finally hit Netflix, possibly causing the Internet to implode from excitement. Revisit the comedy’s original three seasons there to prepare for what’s coming.
– Breaking Bad‘s final season will draw to a close on AMC this summer. If you’re not caught up (or — for shame! — never started watching), now’s your chance to fix that via Netflix.
– And on a similar note, Downton Abbey‘s first two
series seasons are on Hulu, and PBS.org has every episode of the current third season. (Well, every one that’s aired in the U.S., at least.) READ FULL STORY
An historic storm’s a-brewin’ over New England and the northeast Mid-Atlantic — though once you hear what the Weather Channel is calling it, you might want to give it a hug rather than flee from it.
Yes, the catastrophic blizzard expected to drop up to three feet of snow on some northeastern areas has been dubbed Nemo. And while the name has a lot of connotations, chances are that hearing it makes you think of an adorable cartoon fish rather than a mysterious sea captain or a sleepy little boy.
It’s not exactly the most intimidating moniker for such a gigantic storm — though that isn’t really The Weather Channel’s fault. READ FULL STORY
- 'The Bronze,' 2 more films sold at Sundance
- Julia Roberts on board for 'Batkid' movie
- Gymnastic sex scene scores '10' at Sundance
- Netflix: See what's new for February
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': No role for Ronan
- 'Fifty Shades': THAT scene won't be in film
- 'Hateful Eight' supporting cast revealed
- 'MasterChef Junior' chimp scene won't air
- Biblical saga among 5 pilots in works at ABC
- Sophie Turner as Jean Grey in next 'X-Men'
- 'Glee' alum Melissa Benoist in as 'Supergirl'
- NBC orders ex-sniper pilot from 'Blacklist'-ers