Netflix was quick to respond today to the exodus of streamed content resulting from expired licensing deals with MGM, Warner Bros., and Universal that cost the online service access to several James Bond movies, Adaptation, Cruel Intentions, and Reality Bites, among hundreds of others. Yesterday, Netflix sought to calm subscribers mourning the loss of Adam Sandler’s Big Daddy, explaining that “this ebb and flow happens all the time” and promising users 500 new titles today, including Mission: Impossible 2. Today, they were quick to trumpet some of the new offerings. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Viacom (1-3 of 3)
Viacom Inc. and the Walt Disney Co. have donated a total of $3 million between them to aid victims of Hurricane Sandy.
The superstorm barreled up the east coast Monday into Tuesday, causing widespread power outages, flooding and at least 88 U.S. deaths. On Thursday morning, much of New Jersey remained without power, while a large chuck of the New York City skyline was eerily dark, the result of a Con Ed substation exploding in lower Manhattan.
READ FULL STORY
- 'The Bronze,' 2 more films sold at Sundance
- Julia Roberts on board for 'Batkid' movie
- Biblical saga among 5 pilots in works at ABC
- Gymnastic sex scene scores '10' at Sundance
- 'Hateful Eight' supporting cast revealed
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': No role for Ronan
- Netflix: See what's new for February
- 'MasterChef Junior' chimp scene won't air
- Sophie Turner as Jean Grey in next 'X-Men'
- 'Fifty Shades': THAT scene won't be in film
- 'Glee' alum Melissa Benoist in as 'Supergirl'
- NBC orders ex-sniper pilot from 'Blacklist'-ers