Netflix was quick to respond today to the exodus of streamed content resulting from expired licensing deals with MGM, Warner Bros., and Universal that cost the online service access to several James Bond movies, Adaptation, Cruel Intentions, and Reality Bites, among hundreds of others. Yesterday, Netflix sought to calm subscribers mourning the loss of Adam Sandler’s Big Daddy, explaining that “this ebb and flow happens all the time” and promising users 500 new titles today, including Mission: Impossible 2. Today, they were quick to trumpet some of the new offerings. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Viacom (1-3 of 3)
Viacom Inc. and the Walt Disney Co. have donated a total of $3 million between them to aid victims of Hurricane Sandy.
The superstorm barreled up the east coast Monday into Tuesday, causing widespread power outages, flooding and at least 88 U.S. deaths. On Thursday morning, much of New Jersey remained without power, while a large chuck of the New York City skyline was eerily dark, the result of a Con Ed substation exploding in lower Manhattan.
READ FULL STORY
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Sony CEO: We've 'not caved, not given in'
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks