Oscar winner and former Roseanne star Estelle Parsons will soon have another feisty leading role on Broadway. Beginning April 1 at the Booth Theatre (“a magical theater,” says the 86-year-old actress), Parsons will play her first full-fledged starring role on the Great White Way since her celebrated turn as Violet Weston in August: Osage County in 2008-09 (when she took over for Tony winner Deanna Dunagan). In Eric Coble’s dark comedy, The Velocity of Autumn, Parsons portrays a near-octogenerian named Alexandra who arms herself with Molotov cocktails to resist her eviction from her Brooklyn brownstone — only to have her estranged son (Stephen Spinella) climb through her window in an effort to make peace. READ FULL STORY
Tag: The Velocity of Autumn (1-1 of 1)
- 'Glee' plans New Directions for Rachel
- Mark Gatiss back for more 'Game of Thrones'
- Zach Galifianakis TV series gets FX pickup
- 'Sons of Guns' axed; star faces rape charge
- 'Simpsons' marathon: 11 gems this week
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- 'Once Upon a Time' gig for 'True Blood' fave
- Chris Soules is the new 'Bachelor'