Tag: The Grammys (1-5 of 5)
Wait, what’s that you say? Miley Cyrus didn’t even attend the Grammys, much play a song there?
In this, you are correct; though Cyrus did perform a few tunes at Clive Davis’s annual pre-Grammys party, she opted not to show up for the awards ceremony itself. (Getting totally shut out of the nominations can have that effect; see also Gaga, Lady.) The Bangerz singer did, however, spend the night making music — at least in some capacity:
From Beyoncé’s scorching opener to a Queen Latifah-led mass marriage ceremony to Taylor Swift and Yoko Ono’s gloriously awkward dancing, Sunday night’s Grammy Awards telecast was stuffed with memorable moments. Unfortunately, to see them all, you had to sit through a ceremony that just kept going and going and going, even long after it reached its scheduled end time of 11:30 p.m. ET. Wouldn’t it be nice to get a quick distillation of the night’s biggest bits — without all that unnecessary in-between stuff?
Your wish is our command!
The 2013 Grammy Awards didn’t inspire a record number of tweets — but events like the award for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration, Rihanna’s scorching solo performance, and fun.’s Best New Artist prize did move plenty of Twitter users to turn to their keyboards.
Twitter reports that Jay-Z, Kanye West, Frank Ocean, and The-Dream’s Best Rap/Sung Collaboration win drove more micro-blogging conversation than any other moment at the Grammys. More than 116,000 tweets per minute were sent as the “No Church in the Wild” team accepted their golden gramophone (and a natty Jay-Z poked fun at Dream for wearing a Boyz N the Hood hat on top of a “Parental Advisory” cap).
We made it through the blizzard! That means it’s time to warm up and dry off with a week of musical performances and Bruce Willis blowing things up.
That and several other post-disater to-dos for this week’s planner. Don’t forget to tell us what we missed.
- 'The Bronze,' 2 more films sold at Sundance
- Julia Roberts on board for 'Batkid' movie
- Biblical saga among 5 pilots in works at ABC
- Gymnastic sex scene scores '10' at Sundance
- 'Hateful Eight' supporting cast revealed
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2': No role for Ronan
- Netflix: See what's new for February
- 'MasterChef Junior' chimp scene won't air
- Sophie Turner as Jean Grey in next 'X-Men'
- 'Fifty Shades': THAT scene won't be in film
- 'Glee' alum Melissa Benoist in as 'Supergirl'
- NBC orders ex-sniper pilot from 'Blacklist'-ers