We are not capable of talking about nudity in pop culture. We’re terrible at it. Look at this Girls thing. A journalist asked a poorly-phrased question, which the Girls producers interpreted in the least accurate manner possible. Everybody was their worst self. Then the journalist tried to clarify his question in a post on TheWrap. It’s a well-written post in which everyone comes off terribly: The journalist, the producers, men, women. READ FULL STORY
Tag: TCA (1-3 of 3)
Who doesn’t love to watch Dame Maggie Smith’s Emmy-winning Dowager Countess and her cunning bons mots?
Her own son! Actor Toby Stephens told reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour on Friday that he doesn’t enjoy watching Downton Abbey.
The former Bond villain and lead in Starz’s upcoming pirate drama Black Sails was asked whether he’d prefer to be on a sleepy drama like the ITV/PBS hit rather than his action-heavy new show.
“Any day of the week, I’d prefer to be on the show I am now,” Stephens said. “I appreciate Downton Abbey for what it is. I don’t regularly tune in. It’s not really a show I enjoy — It’s just not really what I enjoy watching. Playing this kind of thing for me is like going on an exotic vacation because we don’t do this kind of stuff in the UK. … I’ve seen [UK shows], I’ve done it, I don’t want to do it for the rest of my life. This is fantastic story and production values, that’s what I want to be involved in.”
In other words: Forget that low-budget British-y stuff, bring on more Michael Bay!
- Oscar de la Renta, designer, dies at 82
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- Matthew McConaughey: No rom-com regrets
- Eugene Levy-Catherine O'Hara series on POP
- 'SNL' adds Leslie Jones as cast member
- 'Conjuring 2' release date shifts to 2016
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- Michael C. Hall's 'Hedwig' solid at box office