We here at Entertainment Weekly like to think of our jobs as highly specialized. (Not just anyone can push that little voice-recorder button while simultaneously asking questions and nodding, wisely, you know.) But when the Black Keys said they wanted to be interviewed by Danny McBride, how could we refuse? After all, the platinum-selling, Grammy awards-collecting rock duo just released their eighth studio album, Turn Blue, and will be dominating festivals and headlining arena shows from Croatia to Cleveland this summer. We asked McBride, 37 — so memorable as egomaniacal pitcher Kenny Powers on HBO’s late, lamented Eastbound & Down and as himself in last year’s star-packed apocalyptic meta-comedy This Is the End — to kick off our Summer Music Preview issue by manning the tiny microphone. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Summer Music Preview (1-2 of 2)
Locked out of heaven? Hardly. With two platinum albums, a string of No. 1 hits, and a massive tour on the horizon, Bruno Mars is set to have one hell of a summer.
For this week’s cover story, Mars invites Entertainment Weekly into his Hollywood home for a funny and frank conversation about everything from his upcoming single (“Treasure,” which he’ll debut at this weekend’s Billboard Music Awards) to why he’s totally looking forward to getting fat one day. READ FULL STORY
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC
- Ewan McGregor vs. 'Star Wars' faux fans
- Terry Keenan, Fox News and CNN alum, dies
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway' winner: 'It's just sinking in'
- J.K. Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Taylor Swift's '1989': Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover