We here at Entertainment Weekly like to think of our jobs as highly specialized. (Not just anyone can push that little voice-recorder button while simultaneously asking questions and nodding, wisely, you know.) But when the Black Keys said they wanted to be interviewed by Danny McBride, how could we refuse? After all, the platinum-selling, Grammy awards-collecting rock duo just released their eighth studio album, Turn Blue, and will be dominating festivals and headlining arena shows from Croatia to Cleveland this summer. We asked McBride, 37 — so memorable as egomaniacal pitcher Kenny Powers on HBO’s late, lamented Eastbound & Down and as himself in last year’s star-packed apocalyptic meta-comedy This Is the End — to kick off our Summer Music Preview issue by manning the tiny microphone. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Summer Music Preview (1-2 of 2)
Locked out of heaven? Hardly. With two platinum albums, a string of No. 1 hits, and a massive tour on the horizon, Bruno Mars is set to have one hell of a summer.
For this week’s cover story, Mars invites Entertainment Weekly into his Hollywood home for a funny and frank conversation about everything from his upcoming single (“Treasure,” which he’ll debut at this weekend’s Billboard Music Awards) to why he’s totally looking forward to getting fat one day. READ FULL STORY
- 'Dating Naked' sued for failure to blur
- Shonda Rhimes' Thursdays: New ABC promo
- 'Sex Box' to debut on WE tv in 2015
- 'Teen Wolf' costar in 'Agents of SHIELD' as...
- Julianne Hough joins 'DWTS' as fourth judge
- Frankie Valli to visit 'Hawaii Five-0'
- Billy Crystal at Emmy salute to Robin Williams
- 'NCIS': New love interest for DiNozzo?
- Nicki Minaj butts in on 'Anaconda' video
- ABC eyes 'Castle'-inspired 'Derrick Storm'