Are you confident in your sexualité, just like Mariska Hargitay? Good for you! You should watch our Sound Bites video after the jump! Vote for your favorite clip in the poll, or nominate your own line from this week’s TV in the comments. And if you have suggestions for next week’s show, or just want to share your feelings about The Net, email me or tweet me @EWAnnieBarrett.
Tag: South Park (51-57 of 57)
Halloween is over, but Christopher Walken’s powerful dramatic reading of Lady Gaga’s eminent piece of poetry, “Poker Face,” on BBC1′s Friday Night With Jonathan Ross will boast a YouTube time stamp of Oct. 31, 2009 forever. Witness a haunting lyrical miracle, below.
I already like Walken’s interpretation better than Lady Gaga’s, but the jury’s still out for me on whether Eric Cartman’s more “melodic” effort on last week’s South Park (featured at the end of last week’s Sound Bites video and embedded after the jump — that song takes on a whole different meaning with a guttural male voice, huh?) was more effective than Walken’s. Who wore it better? Oh, well. It’s not a contest. I mean: Ohhhhhhhhhh! READ FULL STORY
In this week’s episode of Sound Bites: The late-night hosts react to the Letterman situation, The Office has a wedding party and everybody comes…down the aisle, our Twitter followers go Swimfan levels of crazy for Glee, Jacko comes back to life on South Park, and…sandwiches. Sentences? SANDWICHES. Plus: I stick to my #1 policy: When there’s a will to relate anything/everything to Arrested Development, there’s a way. Can you blame me? Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken? Press play below.
Normally, Kanye West’s puppy-stomping on the VMAs last night would be exactly the kind of celebrity misbehavior perfect for parody on South Park. Except South Park already delivered the perfect Kanye-skewering episode five months ago, which is why Comedy Central will re-air it tomorrow for two straight hours, starting at 9 p.m. ET. If you’re unfamiliar with the insta-brills episode (read our original take on it), entitled “Fishsticks,” this clip (with some NSFW language) should get you up to speed:
How good was this episode? Instead of an ALL CAPS rant, it got Kanye to apologize for his out-of-control ego — now that is some good TV. Will you re-watch the episode, PopWatchers? Or do you think this is exactly the kind of attention the rapper/genius/homosexual haddock lives on?
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler: New EW cover
- 'Mockingjay': Robert Knepper cast as 'Antonius'
- SAG Award nominations: TV snubs/surprises
- SAG Award noms: Hints for Oscars?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'A Mother's Work'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' shocker: Maggie Siff says...
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Burning Q's answered
- 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show': Sizing it up
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift Wishes
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale recap: A Mother's Work
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff talks about tonight's shocker ending
- 'Sons of Anarchy' postmortem: Jimmy Smits on Nero's choices (and cardigans)