Spoiler alert! If you haven’t watched this week’s Sons of Anarchy, stop reading now. Charlie Hunnam has perfected that stone-cold glare, and he got to use it a lot in this episode as the heat was turned back on Clay and Gemma became a pawn. Let’s break it down, starting with the accident. READ FULL STORY »
Tag: Sons of Anarchy (11-20 of 49)
Spoiler alert! If you haven’t watched this week’s episode of Sons of Anarchy, stop reading now. Let’s break it down.
• The Joel McHale cameo: Gemma woke up in bed with Warren (McHale), who, it turns out, seduces women so he can steal their cars. When Gemma realized she’d been robbed, she called Nero, who told Jax and the boys. You’d think Nero could have handled this alone with his crew in exchange for Gemma having arranged for Carla’s body to disappear, but then we wouldn’t have seen Nero scold Jax for the way he was judging Gemma (“Since when do you drink banana vodka?”). Nero told Jax that Gemma’s still his mother and he should respect her: She’s caught between a husband she hates and a son she thinks hates her. Jax took it to heart and had a tender scene with Gemma in which she apologized for wanting Jax to make up for the love his dead brother Thomas would never be able to give her, and Jax admitted he felt bad after Thomas died because he was happy having Gemma to himself. Bottom line: He loves her and they’ll get through all this, he said. Once again, Jax proved he is the best hugger in Charming. READ FULL STORY »
SPOILER ALERT! If you haven’t watched this week’s Sons of Anarchy, stop reading now. The levity of Walton Goggins’ Venus Van Dam cameo was nowhere to be found. Unless, of course, you count setting a murder to a glitter globe version of “It’s a Small World.” Was that more, less, or equally as brilliantly twisted as setting multiple homicides to “What a Wonderful World” in the season 4 premiere? Shall we call it a tie? Let’s break it down. READ FULL STORY »
Tuesday nights bring a double-dose of pentagenerian sexiness with Ellen Barkin on The New Normal and Dennis Quaid on Vegas. But these two aren’t the only sexy stars over the age of 55. Read more to see the hottest stars on television who still rock our world after all these years.
Spoiler alert! If you haven’t watched this week’s Sons of Anarchy, stop reading now. There’s a guest spot that should remain a surprise. Now, let’s dig in. READ FULL STORY »
Last week, my colleague Mandi Bierly wrote a post about TV’s greatest tearjerkers that got me thinking about all my personal favorites, many of which came up in the comments. But as I constructed my list of favorite scenes, I realized that there are some actors who really know how to deliver the waterworks. There are some who, without fail, have the power to reduce me to a sobby mess.
Last night, for example, I was watching the latest Sons of Anarchy and realized that Charlie Hunnam is very much one of those actors. As gruff, strong Jax Teller, it isn’t often that we see Hunnam get to flex that particular emotional muscle. But when he does — man, it’s fantastic. [Sons spoiler ahead...] Two weeks ago, when Opie died in prison, the impact of the moment in itself made me tear up. But it was Jax’s reaction that really got me. And last night, at Opie’s wake, it happened again. I had to rehydrate after that.
So when I really got to thinking about it, I realized that there are only a few actors that have this power over me. My top 5 — in no particular order — are listed below. READ FULL STORY »
First things first, that song you want to download, the one played over Opie’s wake, is Greg Holden’s “The Lost Boy.” I got chills when the procession started behind Jax as more voices were added to the repeating chorus: “I will not be commanded/ I will not be controlled/ And I will not let my future go on/ Without the help of my soul.” And then it went back to one voice again, as Jax slammed the door shut on the hearse with a flash of anger on his face. What I liked about that: Jax is holding it together now, making smart decisions, and thinking long-term. It was a reminder of what an effort that is, and how much fight is still in him (for better or worse).
What Jax did right this hour: READ FULL STORY »
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- KROQ Weenie Roast concert: Watch live
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'American Idol': Lowest-rated finale ever
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- 'Office': 15 best episodes
- Grand Canyon tightrope walk on TV in June