Hostess, the beloved maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread, announced this morning that it will file for bankruptcy, liquidate its assets, and lay off over 18,000 employees. That’s great news, right? It certainly is for the internet, because now anonymous users can turn it into memes! You know, memes – like Scumbag Steve and Socially Awkward Penguin and my personal favorite, Insanity Wolf. The news only broke a few hours ago – which in internet time is like a trillion years or something – but the pithy Hostess jokes are starting to roll in already. A few of our favorites include:
Tag: Socially Awkward Penguin (1-1 of 1)
- Anthony Hopkins joins HBO's 'Westworld'
- Lucy Lawless to visit 'Agents of SHIELD'
- Edgar Wright refocuses on 'Baby Driver'
- 'Ken Jeong Made Me Do It': MTV pilot
- Carrie Preston returning to 'Good Wife'
- Robert Downey Jr. tops Forbes $$ list
- J.K. Rowling plans more Cormoran Strike
- 'Simpsons': All episodes going online