American Idol is over, and huge questions about the future of the franchise hang heavy in the air: Can a female contestant ever again win this show? Will Idol‘s producers admit their failings when it comes to theme nights and song lists? Will Ellen DeGeneres stop behaving like a kindly pre-school teacher and start behaving like a reality TV judge? And can Idol stay relevant after Simon Cowell’s exit? My cohost Jessica Shaw and I tackle these topics, and take a look at the final performances of newly crowned champ Lee DeWyze and runner-up Crystal Bowersox, on the season finale of Idolatry. Plus, READ FULL STORYThe ninth season of
Tag: Simon Cowell (71-80 of 119)
- 'The Following' to get new showrunners
- San Diego tax nix; Comic-Con's next move?
- 'Simpsons' to air 24 hours a week on FXX
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Outlaw Pete' as book
- 'Reign' portrait: Mary, Francis, Mary's legs
- 'Arrow' casts Amy Gumenick as Cupid
- Miley Cyrus' VMA date deals with '11 warrant
- Apple event set for Sept. 9: iPhone 6?
- 'Star Wars VII' resumes filming in U.K.
- 'Longmire' axed by A&E after three seasons