Read my colleague Lynette Rice’s full report here.) While that statement could very well be interpreted as “we’re 99 percent done with judges’ contracts, but we’re gonna drag this news out for another week or two of free publicity,” I like to think of the glass as half in need of a scientific poll! Since I’ve already yammered on in the past week about J.Lo, Elton, Mr. Connick, and the woman who did terrible things to “These Boots Are Made for Walkin’,” I’m gonna put a lid on it for now and simply ask for your votes. Please use the PopWatch poll liberally, yet thoughtfully. Thank you. [Realted: For all my Idol-related news and commentary, follow me on Twitter @EWMichaelSlezak.]No news is good news, as the old adage goes. And therefore it must be good news in the world of American Idol. Indeed, Fox chairman Peter Rice offered little in the way of breaking information about who’ll be sitting at the judging panel when the network’s ratings juggernaut begins season 10 callback auditions in September (which will air, of course, in January 2011). “No one has signed a deal on either side of the camera who wasn’t on the show last year,” said Rice. (
Tag: Simon Cowell (61-70 of 119)
- Simon Cowell will receive a BAFTA award for his work developing talent in the entertainment industry. Expect Cowell to bring down the mood of the June 6 ceremony when he delivers a speech claiming he’s seen people who can develop better talent on a cruise ship. [THR]
- Director McG is eying the rights to Kody Keplinger’s coming-of-age novel The DUFF. The title of the film, about a 17-year-old high schooler, stands for “Designated Ugly Fat Friend.” Duffman does not approve of acronym. [Variety]
- In news that will make me 25 times more nauseous, AMC Entertainment and IMAX Corp. will build 25 new theaters, which will open next year in various unspecified locations. [The Wrap]
- In a press release, the producers behind Trust have announced Zach Braff, Bobby Cannavale, Sutton Foster, and Ari Graynor will join the cast of the show, which begins previews July 23. (Opening night is set for Aug. 12.)
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- J.K Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Lyndsy Fonseca signs on with 'Agent Carter'
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- Lauren Graham set for new 'Odd Couple'
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Project Runway: Threads': A mini-me spin-off
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover