When Entertainment Weekly approached Twentieth Century Fox about getting an exclusive inside look at the making of Gone Girl, an adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s 2012 smash best-selling novel due in theaters Oct. 3, the studio came back with a surprising reply: Director David Fincher was offering to shoot the cover himself. Not being crazy enough to turn down the Oscar-nominated provocateur who directed The Social Network, we said yes. Fincher dreamed up the image, which features Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne curled around his wife, Amy, played by Rosamund Pike. The result is an unsettling portrait of love gone demented. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Rosamund Pike (1-2 of 2)
Ever since Gillian Flynn’s novel Gone Girl rocketed up the bestseller list and became an instant Hollywood go-picture, some of the biggest actresses have reportedly circled the juicy role of Amy Dunne, the beautiful and enigmatic New Yorker who goes missing after reluctantly following her husband back to his hometown in Missouri. There was Reese Witherspoon, who’s producing the movie adaptation, and Charlize Theron, and Natalie Portman, to name just a few Oscar winners. But as Gone Girl‘s director David Fincher demonstrated with Rooney Mara in Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, he’s not one to always pick the hottest actress du jour. Fincher already has Ben Affleck aboard as the male lead, the laid-off and laid-back Nick Dunne, blessing Gone Girl with plenty of star-power. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the search for Amy has turned away from the usual suspects and towards the luminous Rosamund Pike (Jack Reacher).
Pike’s reps didn’t respond to EW for comment, but I can’t help but get excited over the possibility. READ FULL STORY
- Johnny Depp + Kevin Smith for 'Yoga Hosers'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' gig for Adrianne Palicki
- 'Outlander' ratings steady; 'Leftovers' rises
- 'Agents of SHIELD' cryptic L.A. billboard
- 'Arrow' casts Matt Ward as villain Komodo
- Benedict Cumberbatch in WB's 'Jungle Book'
- Richard Branson to visit 'The Simpsons'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casting for Belle's mom
- 'Arrow' retitles Felicity-centric episode
- Chris Pratt posts photo of van he lived in