Superman’s first big-screen outing convinced audiences and Hollywood bean counters alike that a man really could fly — and in that pre Comic-Con culture, Superman had the skies all to himself. There was no Spider-Man movie or Batman movie to hold fans over until Superman was ready to fly again, a full three years after the original. So when Superman II was finally released in the United States — a full six months after it had premiered in Australia and Europe (!) — it was like the second coming. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Richard Donner (1-1 of 1)
- 'Glee' plans New Directions for Rachel
- Zach Galifianakis TV series gets FX pickup
- 'Sons of Guns' axed; star faces rape charge
- 'Simpsons' marathon: 11 gems this week
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- 'Survivor' twist revealed: 'Exile Island' returns
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- 'Once Upon a Time' gig for 'True Blood' fave
- Chris Soules is the new 'Bachelor'