How strange, and yet right, that the defining event of week 1 of the network-TV season happened on cable. Last Sunday, we bid Breaking Bad farewell after six years and 62 episodes of some of the best television ever made. Like The Sopranos, Mad Men, and other cable series that have defined the new golden age of TV drama, Breaking Bad distinguished itself with a large, grand arc of moral complexity and a protagonist inside of whom a man and a monster were at war. We were riveted, and so were the people who program network shows. They were also annoyed (about the media attention), envious (of the awards), and curious (about how to get in on the action). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Ray Donovan (1-4 of 4)
Ambyr Childers has had more than a few racy scenes in her role as a former teen star on Showtime’s Ray Donovan — most of them playing opposite Liev Schreiber. But off screen, the actress tends to fill her time with lighter entertainment, like Will Ferrell movies.
Watch below as Childers confesses her love for Talladega Nights and more.
READ FULL STORY
I’m still watching Ray Donovan — now in its sixth episode on Showtime — even though it has yet to draw me in that profoundly. Something makes me turn it on, assuming it has to get better (it’s on pay cable!) — that the subplots will strengthen, that certain characters will emerge as more compelling. This week’s episode, “Housewarming,” wasn’t a life-changer but offered plenty of fleetingly intense moments, an emotional outpour from someone you might not expect, and some of the creepiest, moodiest, most bizarre visual settings on TV. All in all I say it’s still worth a shot. And not just to see which joyfully racist comment Mickey (Jon Voight) will sputter out next. READ FULL STORY
Showtime’s Ray Donovan is premiering tonight at 10 p.m. Liev Schreiber’s eponymous character is a “fixer” — I know, I know another one? But in this age of modern technology, a fixer has become more important than ever. You can’t erase your reputation when it’s living on the internet forever.
In honor of Ray Donovan, we’ve put together a list of the best fixers across the country in case you are in need of their services. Whether you’re a bratty child planning a bat mitzvah or someone accused of murdering your beard, we’ve got just the right fixer for you.
READ FULL STORY
- Golden Globes nominations are in
- Golden Globes noms: Who's up/down for Oscars?
- Golden Globes TV noms: Nice surprises, nasty snubs
- Golden Globes movie noms: Who got snubbed?
- Taylor Schilling on 'Golden' glow for 'Orange'
- Jared Leto gets Globes news on tour bus
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' recap: 'Head'
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a line in the sand
Top 5 Most Read
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a Line in the Sand
- '12 Years a Slave' and 'American Hustle' lead Golden Globe nominees
- 'Britney Jean' nets Britney Spears her worst opening week ever; Garth Brooks and Duck Dynasty carry on