Like so many retirees, director Steven Soderbergh is spending his twilight years exploring new hobbies. Some people take up golf. Some people play the stock market. And Soderbergh has edited together Alfred Hitchcock’s horror classic Psycho with Gus Van Sant’s somewhat-less-classic shot-for-shot remake of Psycho. The mash-up mixes scenes from the original with the remake — at the 19:20 mark, Janet Leigh opens a door from the outside and then Anne Heche closes it from the inside. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Psycho (1-2 of 2)
The new trailer for The Evil Dead — a remake of Sam Raimi’s camp classic — has us really excited for the release of the movie. (Check out Clark Collis’ deep dive here.) It also got us thinking — will the darker tone of the film distinguish it from its predecessor and earn it a spot on your list of best remakes? Or will it tank and end up on your list of worst remakes? We’ll have to wait until it hits theaters — but until then, here are the 20 movies you picked as the 10 best and 10 worst remakes of all time.
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 34.3M views
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- J.K Rowling's new Dolores Umbridge story
- Lyndsy Fonseca signs on with 'Agent Carter'
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- Lauren Graham set for new 'Odd Couple'
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Project Runway: Threads': A mini-me spin-off
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover