Like so many retirees, director Steven Soderbergh is spending his twilight years exploring new hobbies. Some people take up golf. Some people play the stock market. And Soderbergh has edited together Alfred Hitchcock’s horror classic Psycho with Gus Van Sant’s somewhat-less-classic shot-for-shot remake of Psycho. The mash-up mixes scenes from the original with the remake — at the 19:20 mark, Janet Leigh opens a door from the outside and then Anne Heche closes it from the inside. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Psycho (1-2 of 2)
The new trailer for The Evil Dead — a remake of Sam Raimi’s camp classic — has us really excited for the release of the movie. (Check out Clark Collis’ deep dive here.) It also got us thinking — will the darker tone of the film distinguish it from its predecessor and earn it a spot on your list of best remakes? Or will it tank and end up on your list of worst remakes? We’ll have to wait until it hits theaters — but until then, here are the 20 movies you picked as the 10 best and 10 worst remakes of all time.
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig for Jenny Slate
- Tom Hiddleston wrote Thanks for Loki note
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- 'Blacklist' gig for Krysten Ritter
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Jim Gaffigan series to air on TV Land
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Star Wars': Marvel Comics reveals plans