If you’ve seen Martin Scorsese’s The Departed, then the plot for Gang Related may sound a little familiar. Ryan Lopez is a detective for L.A.’s elite Gang Task Force leading a double life as an actual member of the Los Angelicos, a powerful Latino gang. It all makes a little more sense, though, when you hear about Ryan’s backstory and how gang leader Javier Acosta took him under his wing when he was younger, only now to mastermind Ryan’s entry into the force to protect la familia. A predictable moral dilemma arises for Ryan about which side of the law he really should be on, and thus begins the series. READ FULL STORY
Tag: premiere (1-2 of 2)
The carpet might have been black at the RoboCop reboot’s Los Angeles premiere Monday night, but the festivities were anything but dark. Read on for our favorite moments of the night:
1. Batman shows up dressed as Michael Keaton. That’s right, the caped crusader who’s been in a bit of a cave for the past decade (besides voicing all those Pixar movies) is back and better than ever as the OmniCorp CEO with the fantastic idea of designing a half-man, half-machine police officer to rid Detroit of its criminals. A little robot-making from Mr. Keaton, and the remake of the 1987 sci-fi classic RoboCop is born.
2. Batman meets the new Commissioner Gordon. Gary Oldman rolled onto the carpet at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood with a story about how he and Keaton “pinched each other” when they realized they were both in Batman movies. Oldman said he told Keaton, “You know, I’m Nolan’s last Gordon and you’re Burton’s first Batman.” Keaton played Batman/Bruce Wayne twice, while Oldman played Jim Gordon three times. And oh, Oldman was also Dracula. Pretty awesome.
READ FULL STORY
- Emma Stone set for B'way debut in 'Cabaret'
- 'Masters of Sex,' 'Ray Donovan' renewed
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' gets a season 2
- Johnny Depp + Kevin Smith for 'Yoga Hosers'
- Megan Mullally, Natalie Morales on 'Parks'
- Eva Longoria arc on 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' cryptic L.A. billboard
- 'Arrow' casts Matt Ward as villain Komodo
- Benedict Cumberbatch in WB's 'Jungle Book'
- Chris Pratt posts photo of van he lived in