It is entirely possible that Planet of the Apes has the best batting average of any long-running movie franchise. In 46 years, there have been good Apes movies, and fascinatingly bad Apes movies, and at least one legitimate Hall of Fame masterwork (the original film, one of the most brutally cynical adventures in Hollywood history). The first film was based on a novel by French author Pierre Boule about a monkey planet—but the sequels set off in fascinating, frequently goofy, always energetic new directions. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Planet of the Apes (1-3 of 3)
Planet of the Apes, The Ten Commandments, and Ben-Hur – all places we can see the late actor Charlton Heston’s face. Now we can add U.S. Postal Service stamps to the list.
Heston’s the most recent star to be honored in the Postal Service’s Legends of Hollywood stamp series, which also includes stamps bearing the images of fellow greats like Audrey Hepburn and James Dean.
The new trailer for The Evil Dead — a remake of Sam Raimi’s camp classic — has us really excited for the release of the movie. (Check out Clark Collis’ deep dive here.) It also got us thinking — will the darker tone of the film distinguish it from its predecessor and earn it a spot on your list of best remakes? Or will it tank and end up on your list of worst remakes? We’ll have to wait until it hits theaters — but until then, here are the 20 movies you picked as the 10 best and 10 worst remakes of all time.
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Xmas release
- North Korea ties found to Sony hack: Reports
- 'Interview': No DVD, VOD plans at Sony
- 'Interview' derailed: Celebs tweet reactions
- Steve Carell's North Korea-set movie off
- Stephen Collins admits to sexual abuse
- 'Parks and Rec' peek at Pawnee 2017
- 'Annie' movie review: An autotune disaster
- Netflix: See what's new for January
- 2015 Preview: See new EW cover
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks