Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references — silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote — and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Tag: Paulilu (1-1 of 1)
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur': Meet the cast
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- 'Survivor' twist revealed: 'Exile Island' returns
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- Chris Soules is the new 'Bachelor'
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'Covert Affairs': Inside finale's traitor reveal
- Chloe Grace Moretz: Piracy KO'd 'Kick-Ass 3'
- Sarah Paulson talks two-headed 'AHS' role
- Sara Bareilles' 'Smile' for Emmy In Memoriam