The last time Danish auteur Nicolas Winding Refn collaborated with hipster dreamboat Ryan Gosling, the result was Drive, a movie that you either loved or hated, unless you thought it was just okay. Speaking as a Drive obsessive who still regularly pumps the soundtrack in my office, I’m excited about the duo’s next film, Only God Forgives, a.k.a. The Movie Where Gosling’s Face Gets Smashed. A tantalizingly short clip from the movie has just hit the internet. It looks like what would happen if ’80s John Woo directed ’80s Van Damme in a muay thai remake of the first scene from Temple of Doom. Examine the evidence below: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Only God Forgives (1-2 of 2)
In 2011, the Internet nearly revolted when Ryan Gosling lost the title of People‘s Sexiest Man Alive to Bradley Cooper — a star whose French language skills beat out Gosling’s Tumblr dominance and his smoking performances in Drive, The Ides of March, and Crazy, Stupid, Love.
But things might change next year. While he took a break from the spotlight in 2012, Gosling will return to theaters in 2013 with four movies — including Only God Forgives. And as this new poster for that Nicolas Winding Refn film proves, Gosling somehow manages to be sexy even when his eye is swollen shut and half of his beautiful face has been bloodied. If this doesn’t make a statement about Gosling’s hotness quotient, nothing will. Here’s the poster:
- 'Star Wars VII' trailer debuts this weekend
- AMAs 2014 ratings big, but down from '13
- 'Constantine' production halted by NBC
- Oscar Isaac as 'X-Men: Apocalypse' villain
- Katy Perry set for Super Bowl halftime show
- Sting to join Broadway cast of 'Last Ship'
- Chris Colfer: More Land of Stories books
- American Music Awards winners are...
- Natalie Dormer: More 'Thrones' male nudity
- Tina Fey-produced series to Netflix from NBC