A boy, a girl, the breaking surf, some fumbled attempts at automobile lovin’, a hand-jive contest, a lycra-clad makeover, and a dozen of the greatest songs you’ve ever heard. With those raw ingredients, I present the latest installment of EW’s Summer Blockbuster month. Because we are “Hopelessly Devoted” to Grease, the first movie musical on this list takes the No. 18 slot. So let me tell you about it, studs. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Olivia Newton-John (1-2 of 2)
All was merry and bright at SiriusXM yesterday, when John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John stopped by for a town-hall event in the satellite radio giant’s human terrarium. The pair beamed, complimented each other, and discussed both their careers and their new Christmas album, all while snugly encased in a plastic-walled room within Sirius’s New York headquarters. They were clearly delighted to be in each others’ company — and in the company of Didi “Frenchy” Conn, who moderated the event (and even did the Hand Jive to entertain the audience before it began).
Unsurprisingly, the giddy fans from New Jersey, Staten Island, and Brooklyn who got to ask Travolta and Newton-John questions weren’t quite as probing as certain people were after seeing the music video for John and Olivia’s new Christmas single, “I Think You Might Like It.” (Travolta boasted that he’s heard the clip called “the video you have to see and can’t stop watching.” Agreed.) But Travolta did make one tantalizing statement when asked if he and Newton-John might ever star in another movie together:
“I have an idea for that,” the Oscar nominee began. READ FULL STORY
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7