Years ago, when I heard Grey’s Anatomy geniuses Shonda Rhimes, Betsy Beers, and Jenna Bans were going in on a new project titled Off the Map (about doctors no less), I was immediately excited. Sure, I was a little skeptical about the doctors-without-borders premise, especially because they had done that so well on ER (Carter went to Africa!), but before I knew it, Matt Saracen had joined the crew, and I was officially ready to give Off the Map a fair shot at becoming part of my regular TV-viewing schedule. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Off the Map (1-3 of 3)
The biggest cliffhanger of Off the Map‘s first season is whether there will be a second season at all. With bad and consistently declining ratings, it seems less and less likely, but last night’s season (or series?) finale didn’t tie any of the story lines together nicely, leaving the biggest questions (will Ryan find a heart in time? does Mina love Tommy? will Mateo survive?) unanswered, perhaps forever. This medical drama seemed to have a foolproof formula: a big cast of hot doctors with rippling abs, an exotic jungle setting, and celebrity showrunner Shonda Rhimes to give the show that Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice sheen. So why is the show flailing, or worse, already dead? READ FULL STORY
The fifth episode of Off the Map aired last night, and while prevailing opinions at the beginning of the show’s run were that it was simply “Grey’s Anatomy in the jungle,” it’s become clear (to me, at least) that this show is not Grey’s Anatomy. And that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Let’s examine.
From a medical standpoint, they’re apples and oranges. Off the Map is bat-shat crazy in a way Grey’s needn’t be because the former show’s characters don’t have access to a vast array of advanced medical amenities — and I like it that way. Last night, for example, Zee removed larvae from the skin of a patient (whom she used to be involved with) using bacon. Seriously. READ FULL STORY
- 'HitRECord on TV' trailer: First Look
- Benedict Cumberbatch + R. Kelly: Late-night 'Genius'
- Kanye = Liberace?: Aisha Tyler's late-night bite
- EW TV Recap Video: 'Survivor,' 'Mod Fam,' 'Coven'
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' trailer: Meet the villains
- 'Lilyhammer' season 2 sneak peek: What's in a name?
- Ryan Murphy 'AHS: Coven' reveal: More Stevie Nicks!
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
Top 5 Most Read
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst on that CRAZY tribal council
- 'American Horror Story' recap: Kill Fiona