You need a lot of wall space to be a serious Star Trek fan these days, and the reason why is Juan Ortiz. The designer and comic book artist has created 80 movie posters – one for each episode in the original Trek TV series starring William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy (or Star Trek: The Original Series in the parlance) – all of them illustrated by Ortiz in a retro style that evokes the sci-fi pulp and psychedelic pop of the far-out, space race sixties. He began making the images just for himself, and just for a few episodes. But then Ortiz showed them to CBS Studios (which owns the Trek trademark), and the company commissioned him to tackle the entire series. (You can read more about the backstory at startrek.com).
Tag: nostagia (1-1 of 1)
- President Obama on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Game of Thrones' gets Vanity Fair cover
- 'Big Bro,' 'Dome' premiere dates are...
- Taylor Swift: Music's top earner in '13
- 'Bachelorette': It's Andi Dorfman
- Tom Bergeron plans 'Home Videos' exit
- Joe McGinniss, 'Fatal Vision' author, dies
- 'Tom & Jerry,' 'Scooby-Doo': New 'toons