You need a lot of wall space to be a serious Star Trek fan these days, and the reason why is Juan Ortiz. The designer and comic book artist has created 80 movie posters – one for each episode in the original Trek TV series starring William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy (or Star Trek: The Original Series in the parlance) – all of them illustrated by Ortiz in a retro style that evokes the sci-fi pulp and psychedelic pop of the far-out, space race sixties. He began making the images just for himself, and just for a few episodes. But then Ortiz showed them to CBS Studios (which owns the Trek trademark), and the company commissioned him to tackle the entire series. (You can read more about the backstory at startrek.com).
Tag: nostagia (1-1 of 1)
- Oscar de la Renta, designer, dies at 82
- 'Dancing With the Stars': See who went home
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape
- 'Simpsons World' app to launch today
- 'Mulaney' order cut to 13 episodes
- 'Glee' team's horror comedy a go at Fox
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts Max Brown as...?
- 'Arrow' casts Vinnie Jones as villain Brick