The last time Danish auteur Nicolas Winding Refn collaborated with hipster dreamboat Ryan Gosling, the result was Drive, a movie that you either loved or hated, unless you thought it was just okay. Speaking as a Drive obsessive who still regularly pumps the soundtrack in my office, I’m excited about the duo’s next film, Only God Forgives, a.k.a. The Movie Where Gosling’s Face Gets Smashed. A tantalizingly short clip from the movie has just hit the internet. It looks like what would happen if ’80s John Woo directed ’80s Van Damme in a muay thai remake of the first scene from Temple of Doom. Examine the evidence below: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Nicolas Winding Refn (1-2 of 2)
Let’s play a little game. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you read the name Ryan Gosling? Is it “handsome”? Or “rugged”? Or perhaps “not unattractive”? Or maybe you just get the urge to shake your fist in Bradley Cooper’s direction? It’s understandable. Last year, RyGo starred in three movies in which he was handsome for three specific moviegoing constituencies: the rom-com Crazy Stupid Love, the award-bait political thriller The Ides of March, and the Michael Mann-on-Danish-steroids cult hit Drive.
Gosling is filming his next movie with Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn, and based on a photo from the film’s set, Gosling has decided that he no longer wants to be beautiful. He looks like a Walking Dead zombie, albeit with a fantastic blue vest-tie-pants combo. Scroll down for a larger version of the photo: READ FULL STORY
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- Lauren Graham set for new 'Odd Couple'
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Project Runway: Threads': A mini-me spin-off
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 rumors debunked
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Josh Radnor in 'Disgraced': EW stage review
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover
- CMT doubles up on 'Party Down South'