The last time Danish auteur Nicolas Winding Refn collaborated with hipster dreamboat Ryan Gosling, the result was Drive, a movie that you either loved or hated, unless you thought it was just okay. Speaking as a Drive obsessive who still regularly pumps the soundtrack in my office, I’m excited about the duo’s next film, Only God Forgives, a.k.a. The Movie Where Gosling’s Face Gets Smashed. A tantalizingly short clip from the movie has just hit the internet. It looks like what would happen if ’80s John Woo directed ’80s Van Damme in a muay thai remake of the first scene from Temple of Doom. Examine the evidence below: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Nicolas Winding Refn (1-2 of 2)
Let’s play a little game. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you read the name Ryan Gosling? Is it “handsome”? Or “rugged”? Or perhaps “not unattractive”? Or maybe you just get the urge to shake your fist in Bradley Cooper’s direction? It’s understandable. Last year, RyGo starred in three movies in which he was handsome for three specific moviegoing constituencies: the rom-com Crazy Stupid Love, the award-bait political thriller The Ides of March, and the Michael Mann-on-Danish-steroids cult hit Drive.
Gosling is filming his next movie with Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn, and based on a photo from the film’s set, Gosling has decided that he no longer wants to be beautiful. He looks like a Walking Dead zombie, albeit with a fantastic blue vest-tie-pants combo. Scroll down for a larger version of the photo: READ FULL STORY
- Justin Lin's in as 'Star Trek 3' director
- Joe Cocker, veteran rock singer, dies at 70
- Joe Cocker dies: Celeb tributes on Twitter
- Theater group seeks to show 'The Interview'
- 'Jessica Jones': Mike Colter in as Luke Cage
- George R.R. Martin: I'll show 'The Interview'
- Bill Cosby accused of another assault in '70s
- JibJab tweaks 2014 in new year-in-review clip
- Michael C. Hall sings 'Hedwig' tune in NYC
- 'Mythbusters' on new format, cast changes
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks