Yes, there are a few season finales to go, but with the rush of surprise twists, cliffhangers, and exits behind us, it’s now time for EW.com’s fourth annual reader-voted Season Finale Awards. After taking your suggestions under advisement — and extending the cutoff date to March 31, because so many of you wanted to (dis)honor the passing of The Walking Dead‘s Andrea — here are this year’s nominees. UPDATE: Polls are now closed. Winners will be announced Friday. READ FULL STORY
Tag: NCIS: Los Angeles (1-6 of 6)
The seasons have ended for the cops on ABC, NBC, and Fox, leaving only the CBS procedurals as the last men standing. This week, we saw the season finales of NCIS and its West Coast kid brother, CSI: Miami and its brooding Manhattan cousin, and Criminal Minds. How times change. Long ago, in the early ’90s, NBC was the Cop King, with the original Law & Order, Homicide: Life on the Street, and JAG. In hindsight, NBC’s choice to cancel JAG after just one season, which led to its pick-up at CBS, has turned out to be the broadcast-TV version of the Red Sox trading Babe Ruth to the Yankees. By my estimate, NBC has another 70 years to go before the curse wears off.
You couldn’t miss the symbolism. In the same week L&O 1.0 left television with quiet grace, CBS threw five cliffhanger finales in our fat faces and demanded we watch until our eyes bled with happiness. To extend the baseball analogy, this week was like watching Cal Ripken walk off the field, instantly replaced by five steroid-pumped reptile mutants with .400 batting averages.
Still, one reptile-mutant stuck out from the rest… and it wore a handsome pastel suit.
The sheer volume of Lost-related content on the Internet today (and perhaps in your office — maybe your nerd coworkers, like mine, are LARPing around ‘The Island’ of Conference Room B while projecting Dharma Initiation videos onto the big screen from YouTube right this second) is enough to make a non-Lost viewer want to pop off Gordon Ramsay-style on these freaks. Why don’t they open their minds, man? There are other things on TV! Sorry, shocked Locke (pictured), some people desire to spend 9-11 p.m. ET not re-submerging into an Island-based state of confusion, and this is not a sign of a deficiency in character. Consider this your place to vent.
If you’re not watching Lost tonight (REALLY? Are you sure?) — what’ll it be instead? The Biggest Loser? Kitchen Nightmares? NCIS: LA and The Good Wife? A double-header of your favorite CNBC reruns, Marijuana Inc. and Porn: Business of Pleasure? The Caribbean World Series on the MLB Network (Mexico at Venezuela)? Here’s your chance to tell all those crazed Losties why your choice is superior to their beloved saga.
Just don’t say you’ll be reading a book. No one believes you.
Annie on Twitter: @EWAnnieBarrett
- 'Voice': What will Top 5 sing tonight?
- 'Duck Dynasty' Xmas preview: 'Let's go get a hog!'
- 'Precious' memories in '09: Sundance flashback
- Sundance 2014 Premieres: What's playing
- 'Community' season 5: First trailer is here!
- Josh Holloway: Shirtless 'Intelligence' poster
- Carrie Underwood tweet on 'Sound of Music' critics?
- Lea Michele's 'Cannonball': Hear it here
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Community': Check out the first trailer for season 5 -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- Bob Barker returning to 'Price Is Right,' first promo
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Check out the sickening season 6 supertease and meet the queens -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'The Amazing Race' recap: The Final Frontier
- New 'Fifty Shades' pic shows Ana kissing Christian -- PHOTO