In the ’90s-era picture below, you’ll find Nathan Fielder (third from right) and Seth Rogen (right) with the rest of their high school improv crew — none of whom are famous. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Nathan for You (1-2 of 2)
Anyone who watched season 1 of Nathan for You knows exactly who Nathan Fielder is: He’s a marketing wizard (he graduated from one of Canada’s top business schools with really good grades) on a mission to help small businesses thrive. And while the concept of his Comedy Central show is basically just an excuse for him to employ truly insane business ideas, once in awhile, those ideas end up working — really, really well.
Take last season, when Fielder set out to draw visitors to a struggling petting zoo. His idea: Stage a video of a pig rescuing a baby goat from drowning and watch it go viral. This was all filmed before Nathan for You was even on the air, and some unsuspecting news shows played the video as if it really happened — and wouldn’t you know it, it went viral. Over the weekend, Fielder did it again, opening up a fake coffee shop called Dumb Starbucks in Los Feliz, California, that drew lines around the block for average coffee and grocery-store pastries.
We now know it was all a new stunt for season 2 of Nathan for You. Whether you watched every episode of the first season or just heard of Fielder today, check out five of his best stunts — including that petting-zoo brilliance — below:
READ FULL STORY
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' gig for Jenny Slate
- Tom Hiddleston wrote Thanks for Loki note
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- 'Blacklist' gig for Krysten Ritter
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Jim Gaffigan series to air on TV Land
- 'CSI' role for Mark Valley
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts Hans, Pabbie
- 'Star Wars': Marvel Comics reveals plans