Spoiler alert! Sunday night on Discovery’s MythBusters, hosts Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman took on the most requested myth in the show’s history: Did Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) needlessly die in James Cameron’s Titanic, or could he and Rose (Kate Winslet) have both survived on that wooden board? Cameron himself appeared in the episode, explaining that the film’s rerelease in 3D reignited the debate and he needs to know whether the movie got it right, or, as he says fans put it to him in dozens of emails every day, “Rose is a selfish so-and-so and Jack’s an idiot.” The answer… READ FULL STORY
Tag: MythBusters (1-3 of 3)
What do we learn watching the clip below from this Sunday’s MythBusters showing Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman sporting 4-inch stilettos to test the myth that certain types of footwear can inhibit driving to the point where it becomes dangerous? That someone needs to make a gif of Adam doing a Dukes of Hazzard-style hood slide — his balance on the landing is truly impressive. READ FULL STORY
PopWatch Duel has a return engagement this week. You remember how this works: We ask two people fortheir picks on a certain topic. You decide whose list is better bycasting avote in the comments section. They try to tell themselves that theydon’t care who wins.
In honor of their new two-hour MythBusters: Shark Special (kicking off Discovery’s Shark Week July 27, at 9 p.m. ET) — and the run of 11 new MythBusters episodes beginning Aug. 6 (Wednesdays, 9 p.m. ET) — we asked Adam Savage (pictured, left) and Jamie Hyneman (pictured, right) to suspend disbelief long enough to name The Five Best Special Effects Scenes.
Class is in session after the jump.
- Aaron Paul vs. Toys 'R' Us over action figures
- 'Project Runway': And the winner is...
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: 5 takeaways
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 rumors debunked
- 'Thrones': 86,000 answer call for 600 extras
- Josh Radnor in 'Disgraced': EW stage review
- Kiera Cass' 'The Heir': See the book cover
- AMC to acquire 49.9 percent of BBC America
- CMT doubles up on 'Party Down South'
- Edward Norton reflects on not being the Hulk