Justin Timberlake’s much-balleyhooed redesign of the once-popular social network finally went live today. If you bite the bullet and make a new account — or manage to remember what your 16-year-old self set as the password on your original account — you’ll be free to click around the site and marvel at its cool use of white space, its nifty horizontal interface (which seems tailor-made for tablet browsing), and the profiles of Timberlake-approved celebrities like Beyoncé and Timbaland. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Myspace (1-3 of 3)
“Imagine what the room would be like if Andy Warhol, Liz Taylor, and Stanley Kubrick all got together,” Justin Timberlake said yesterday. “What was that conversation like? What type of collaboration did that breed? And how can we make that happen?” The answer, he hopes, is the new Myspace.
Thursday, a small group of journalists were invited to the sleek SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills to preview the beta version of Myspace. Chris and Tim Vanderhook, COO and CEO of Myspace, want to be very clear that the new site is not a relaunch. It’s something new. It’s something that we haven’t seen before. And yes, Justin “Sean Parker” Timberlake is a key figure. READ FULL STORY
For years, Myspace — which does, in fact, still exist — has been nothing but a punchline, a goofy cyber relic on par with Friendster or Pets.com. But a new video indicates that the nine-year-old social network might not be down for the count after all — thanks to a spiffy revamping and help from Social Network star/co-owner Justin Timberlake. Lying down and letting Facebook take over the world isn’t cool. You know what’s cool? A [billion] relaunches.
Myspace 2.0 boasts a clean, modern interface that fuses the best of Google+ and Pinterest, displaying tons of content without seeming cluttered. It seems designed for tablet use, which could set it apart from its competition — if those sites weren’t also doing the same thing. Here, check it out:
- Nelson Mandela: 5 movie touchstones
- 'Glee' peek: Shirtless Santa and the Chipmunks
- 'Sound of Music': 3 dress rehearsal photos
- Paul Walker: End of the 'F&F' fantasy?
- 'Sound of Music': We rank every song
- Carrie Underwood talks 'Sound of Music'
- 'Sound of Music': Stephen Moyer says...
- 'Voice' exit Q&A: Matthew Schuler
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Take a peek at dress rehearsal -- PHOTOS
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst on that CRAZY tribal council
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood on tonight's live show and hate tweets from Julie Andrews fans