Creating a worthwhile new cop show is tough. At this point, we’ve seen just about every possible variation within the genre, from comedies to reality shows, and every dramatic procedural in between. Plus, two of the biggest cop shows are still in rotation: Law & Order: SVU clearly knows the formula for success, and then there’s the buzzed-about True Detective, which recently raised the bar for just about every detective show from this point forward. So what do you do when everything’s been done and been done well? Spoiler: Murder in the First might have just done it. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Murder in the First (1-2 of 2)
If you thought June would be your time to take a little pop culture break and maybe binge a few shows you’d never gotten to start, we’ve got some bad news: There’s no time for that. Between finales of some of HBO’s strongest shows — Veep and Game of Thrones — award shows, new books, albums, and movies, there’s very little time for you to play catch-up. So maybe save that for next week? Although, we make no promises that you’ll have time.
Check out your pop culture calendar for this week: READ FULL STORY
- Yvette Nicole Brown exits 'Community'
- Tracy Morgan responds to Walmart filing
- 'We Are Not Ourselves' film rights sold
- 'Rush Hour' TV series in the works
- 'Mistresses' renewed for summer '15 by ABC
- NBC, CBS win premiere week as Fox slips
- Benjamin Walker in Nicholas Sparks' 'Choice'
- Dominic Cooper joins 'Agent Carter' cast
- David Fincher to direct HBO series 'Utopia'
- Kevin Smith: Thank 'Tusk' for 'Clerks 3'