Creating a worthwhile new cop show is tough. At this point, we’ve seen just about every possible variation within the genre, from comedies to reality shows, and every dramatic procedural in between. Plus, two of the biggest cop shows are still in rotation: Law & Order: SVU clearly knows the formula for success, and then there’s the buzzed-about True Detective, which recently raised the bar for just about every detective show from this point forward. So what do you do when everything’s been done and been done well? Spoiler: Murder in the First might have just done it. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Murder in the First (1-2 of 2)
If you thought June would be your time to take a little pop culture break and maybe binge a few shows you’d never gotten to start, we’ve got some bad news: There’s no time for that. Between finales of some of HBO’s strongest shows — Veep and Game of Thrones — award shows, new books, albums, and movies, there’s very little time for you to play catch-up. So maybe save that for next week? Although, we make no promises that you’ll have time.
Check out your pop culture calendar for this week: READ FULL STORY
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps; see pics from set
- 'Colbert Report' to end Dec. 18
- Reality TV: A genre running out of steam?
- Jack Kirby credit added to Marvel Comics
- Bob Dylan to release covers album in 2015
- Paul Reubens says Pee-wee movie is on
- Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie series to AMC
- 'Arrested Development': A season 4 remix?
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7