The special, 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who is now just two weeks away — depending where you are in the space-time continuum — and the BBC has finally released a proper trailer. Check out the clip below to see some old faces and some familiar foes.
Tag: Matt Smith (1-4 of 4)
When I interviewed Doctor Who star Matt Smith at the end of last year, talk inevitably turned to the temporary nature of portraying the show’s semi-titular Time Lord, whose powers of regeneration have enabled an array of people to play the part since the British sci-fi series debuted almost 50 years ago. “One day you will be sat opposite another Doctor,” Smith said wistfully. “You will be cheating on me! Right? You will be. And I will expect you to always speak fondly of me…”
Sure, bow ties are cool, but stamps are even cooler.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, Britain’s Royal Mail is releasing a series of stamps featuring the 11 actors who have held the title role, the British postal service announced Wednesday. Everyone from William Hartnell, who first portrayed the Doctor from 1963-66, to Matt Smith, the current star, will be included.
And don’t forget about those pesky foes: Daleks, Oods, Weeping Angels, and a Cyberman will all get their due on a miniature sheet with Second Class stamps, along with a stamp featuring the Doctor’s time travel machine, TARDIS.
READ FULL STORY
“I see ‘keep out’ signs as suggestions more than actual orders; like ‘dry-clean only.’”
– The Doctor (Matt Smith) on Doctor Who
Check out the rest of your quote submissions from Friday, Sept. 14 to Sunday, Sept. 16, and come back tonight to share your pick for best sound bite!
- 'Amazing Race' recap: And the winners are...
- 'Gravity,' 'Her' share L.A. Critics' top prize
- '12 Years a Slave': Best Pic for Boston, N.Y. critics
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M
- Kennedy Center Honors: D.C. salutes five artists
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Nico Vega goes 'Bang Bang'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' lingerie line in Sweden
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Amazing Race' recap: The Final Frontier
- 'Homeland' recap: Loose Cannons
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO
- Los Angeles Film Critics Awards: 'Gravity' ties with 'Her' for Best Picture, James Franco ties with Jared Leto
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: Pain and Pan-ic