After months of hinting, it was finally announced in official terms that Glenn Close, the six-time Oscar nominee and multi-Emmy-winning star of Dangerous Liaisons and Damages, among many other projects, will take her first stab at Broadway in two decades in Edward Albee’s magnificent domestic dramedy A Delicate Balance, last revived in 1996 in a Tony-winning production with George Grizzard and Elaine Stritch. Aside from a guest-starring stint in the Brit import The Play What I Wrote some 10 years ago, this will be the first time Ms. Close has starred on Broadway since her Tony-winning turn as Norma Desmond in Andrew Lloyd’s Webber’s Sunset Boulevard in 1994. And she has far from a bunch of slouches joining her: John Lithgow (due to play King Lear this summer in NYC’s Central Park), Lindsay Duncan, Martha Plimpton, Clare Higgins, and Bob Balaban (with dozens of awards among them) will also appear in the play, to be directed by last year’s Tony victor for best director of a play, Pam McKinnon (Edward Albee’s Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Martha Plimpton (1-4 of 4)
Tom Hanks, Scarlett Johansson, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Jesse Eisenberg, Jon Cryer, and Martha Plimpton will present at this year’s Tony Awards, the American Theatre Wing announced today. Hanks, et al. join host Neil Patrick Harris (returning for the fourth time) and each has a connection to the Great White Way.
“We gotta get our sex tape out of that clown’s a**”
– Virginia Chance (Martha Plimpton) referring to a private video her and Burt put in a clown toy so that Jimmy would never watch it on Raising Hope
Check out the rest of your quote submissions from Tuesday Feb. 5 and come back Sunday to share your pick for best sound bite!
“If those 40-year-olds on Glee can act like teenagers then so can we!”
–Virginia (Martha Plimpton) on Raising Hope
Check out the rest of your quote submissions from Tuesday, Nov. 27 and come back tonight to share your pick for best sound bite!
‘Raising Hope’ welcomes Chris Klein as Jimmy’s ‘almost brother’ — VIDEO
‘Raising Hope’ plans ‘Back to the Future’ episode with Christopher Lloyd — EXCLUSIVE
‘Raising Hope’ creator Greg Garcia talks season 3: Will Maw Maw find love?
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' teaser next week
- 'The Bridge' canceled by FX
- 'Flash,' 'Jane the Virgin' get full seasons
- Disney sets 'Moana' as '16 animated feature
- TLC reality show to look at answered prayers
- Tatiana Maslany to make N.Y. stage debut
- 'Scandal': Michael Trucco as Abby's ex
- 'Deliverance' adapted as a play: EW review
- 'The Room' actors in a mockumentary?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack on tape