In a rare interview airing this Sunday on CBS’ 60 Minutes, Downton Abbey star Maggie Smith pauses when she’s asked if she’s proud of the show. Why? “I haven’t actually seen it, so I don’t — I don’t sit down and watch it,” she tells Steve Kroft. “Never?” he asks. “No, I haven’t watched it,” she confirms. Smith, who’s promoting her new movie Quartet, is a perfectionist who doesn’t want to see what she should have done differently. (The answer: nothing!) Not in the preview clip below, sadly, is the 78-year-old Oscar, Emmy, and Tony winner’s answer to a question about her reputation as someone who doesn’t suffer mediocrity: “You’re trying to say that I am what everybody says… I’m scary and I understand that totally,” Smith says. “Old people are scary and I have to face it, I am old and I am scary and I am very sorry about it but I don’t know what you do.” READ FULL STORY »
Tag: Maggie Smith (1-3 of 3)
“I suppose she has an appropriate costume for every activity.”
– Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) from Downton Abbey, addressing ex-prostitute Ethel’s cook uniform
Check out the rest of your quote submissions from Sunday Feb. 3 and come back Sunday to share your pick for best sound bite!
Maggie Smith’s Dowager Countess can always be counted on for many quotable pithy remarks on Downton Abbey. Check out our favorites from the season 3 premiere and vote on yours below!
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- 'Star Wars': New animation in fall '14
- 'SNL': New clue Jason Sudeikis to exit?
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Justin Bieber booed at Billboard Awards
- Billboard Music Awards winners are...
- TV upfronts: Best/worst decisions
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 457
- All Cried Out 463
- A Whole New World 411
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 557
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 393