Last month, Spike Lee attacked Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained, tweeting that “American slavery was not a Sergio Leone Spaghetti Western. It was a Holocaust.” It didn’t inspire much controversy, possibly because the whole Lee/Tarantino Auteurist Feud feels so 1997. Nevertheless, just a few days after Tarantino lobbed an n-bomb in the press room at the Golden Globes — the equivalent of shouting “fire” in a theater crowded with reporters who are all carrying flamethrowers — an important cultural voice has weighed in on Lee’s Django critique. In his column for the Miami New Times, former 2 Live Crew frontman takes Lee to task for his statements. (Revelation: Luther Campbell has a column!) Some key lines: READ FULL STORY »
Tag: Luther Campbell (1-1 of 1)
Jan 16 2013 11:56 AM ET
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16
- Kellie Pickler: 'I want to hug this room'
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- 'DWTS' finale ratings dive in 18-49 demo
- 'DWTS': Hidden gems of the finals!
- 'Voice,' 'SYTYCD,' more TV recaps
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- 'Only God Forgives': Cannes review