In keeping with the show-must-go-on spirit of his TV series, Glee star Matthew Morrison went ahead with his cabaret act, Up Close and Personal with Matthew Morrison, this afternoon following the death last night of his costar Cory Monteith. According to a source at the show, Morrison walked onstage at NYC’s 54 Below theater with his Glee piano player, Brad Ellis, who also accompanies him in his stage show, and said to the crowd, “Let’s acknowledge the elephant in the room. What do you do in this situation? We came here to do a show. You came here to see a show. And that’s what we’re going to do. We’re doing this in Cory’s honor.” The audience applauded, and Morrison invited his band onstage for a special rendition of “What I Did for Love,” a song performed by Lea Michele on the second season of Glee. Morrison has five additional shows scheduled through Wednesday.
Tag: Legacy (1-1 of 1)
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'You Are My Sunshine'
- 'The Voice' recap: Carol and cringe
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': Meet the cast
- 'AHS: Coven' peek: Who's at the door?
- 'Supernatural' react: 'Holy Terror'
- 'Hobbit' peek: Tauriel hangs tough with Legolas
- Paul Walker remembrances by friends/colleagues
- Stephen Colbert takes us inside his 'Lucky' day
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1425
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 689
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 441
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 395
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 355
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' casts Marcia Gay Harden as Christian Grey's mother
- 'American Horror Story': Watch Cordelia and the 'Coven' plot Fiona's murder -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: You are My Sunshine
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': Meet the Cast
- Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson film hot, steamy 'Fifty Shades' scene -- PHOTO