Will Liz & Dick reignite Lindsay Lohan’s career? How hot does Brad Pitt look as a mafia enforcer in Killing Them Softly? What else is on deck this week in our PopWatch planner? Check it out below!
Tag: Killing Them Softly (1-2 of 2)
Twelve years after directing Brad Pitt in Snatch, Guy Ritchie has interviewed the star for Interview magazine’s latest cover story — and while their chat doesn’t contain any major bombshells, it’s a pretty good read for anyone interested in Pitt’s career or film in general. The interview also touches on Pitt’s political views, which synchronize nicely with his new film Killing Them Softly.
After discussing the advantages of shooting commercials versus shooting films — Ritchie says ads “will always be technically more advanced than movies… they’re also so much more efficient” — Pitt talks briefly about what he looks for in a director: “They’re all big questioners, I would say, first and foremost.” In a digression about dialects, the actor reveals that he’s comfortable speaking in an Irish brogue (EW begs to differ) but can never quite nail a “proper” British accent.
The political stuff comes a bit later, when Pitt begins to explain how his upcoming crime drama represents the atmosphere of its 2008 setting. READ FULL STORY
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': $123M opening weekend
- Cosby accused by ex-comedy club manager
- Cher cancels 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates
- Natalie Dormer: More 'Thrones' male nudity
- Adam Pally to end run as 'Mindy' regular
- Tina Fey-produced series to Netflix from NBC
- 'Homeland' casts B'way star in surprise role
- Xmas TV movie weekend: What's on when
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': EW movie review
- 'Better Call Saul' gets two-night premiere