The kids are taking over the Great White Way. Since its first production in 1996, Kenneth Lonergan’s caustic comedy This Is Our Youth has attracted the likes of Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna Paquin, and Mark Ruffalo. And on Sept. 11, the three-person play about wealthy teens in early-’80s Manhattan makes its Broadway debut with a new trio of stars. Kieran Culkin, Tavi Gevinson, and Michael Cera, fresh off a trial run at Chicago’s Steppenwolf Theatre, tell EW how their lives led them to This. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Kieran Culkin (1-2 of 2)
Michael Cera and Kieran Culkin are slated to star together on Broadway in Kenneth Lonergan’s play This Is Our Youth, a comedy about the high times and aimless lives of two disaffected young men.
Lonergan said Tuesday that Cera, whose credits include Arrested Development, Juno and Superbad, and Culkin, of Igby Goes Down and Cider House Rules, will bring the play to Broadway in the fall after a stop this summer at Chicago’s Steppenwolf Theatre Company. All three will be making their Broadway debuts.
The woman in the middle of the pair will be played by Tavi Gevinson, who founded a web magazine for teenage girls and acted in the film Enough Said. The production will be directed by Anna D. Shapiro and will have original music by Rostam Batmanglij of the band Vampire Weekend.
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks