The Kennedy Center Honors aired Sunday night, and while we’re still waiting for someone to put Snoop Dogg’s portion of the tribute to honoree Herbie Hancock on YouTube — he had the black-tie crowd standing and chanting! — some highlights have surfaced. Watch a few below from the tributes to Shirley MacLaine, Billy Joel, and Carlos Santana. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Kennedy Center Honors (1-3 of 3)
Billy Joel, Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, Shirley MacLaine, and Martina Arroyo receive Kennedy Center Honors
The “Piano Man” who became one of the world’s best-selling artists of all time with such hits as “Just the Way You Are,” “Uptown Girl” and “Allentown” is being awarded the nation’s highest honor Sunday for influencing American culture through the arts.
Billy Joel joins Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, opera star Martina Arroyo and actress Shirley MacLaine in receiving the Kennedy Center Honors. All of them have been playing music, dancing or singing since they were children – and have never stopped. READ FULL STORY
'Kennedy Center Honors': Watch the Buddy Guy tribute that stole the show, President Obama rock out for Led Zeppelin -- VIDEO
The 35th Annual Kennedy Center Honors aired last night (read Ken Tucker’s review here), and it was another ceremony filled with memorable moments. Here are a few of the highlights that have already surfaced on YouTube:
Beth Hart’s performance of “I’d Rather Go Blind” with Jeff Beck for honoree Buddy Guy moved the crowd in the theater (including Barack and Michelle Obama, watch them at 2:32 in the clip below) and at home (I know I went to iTunes and purchased that song off of her album with Joe Bonamassa, Don’t Explain). READ FULL STORY
- 'Game of Thrones' actors sign on for season 7
- 'Interstellar' clip on 'moon landing hoax'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' cast to visit 'Conan'
- Lily Rabe's 'AHS: Asylum' nun in 'Freak Show'
- Netflix: See what's new for November
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams arrested
- 'South Park' react: Attack of the drones
- Kurt Sutter back at 'SOA,' minus appendix
- 'Avengers,' 'Black Panther': Marvel 'Phase 3'
- Stand-up comics on hell gigs: EW's 'Polished'