CBS is sinking its hooks into Stephen Colbert, enlisting its new late-night star to host the Kennedy Center Honors, the network announced Tuesday. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Kennedy Center Honors (1-4 of 4)
Billy Joel, Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, Shirley MacLaine, and Martina Arroyo receive Kennedy Center Honors
The “Piano Man” who became one of the world’s best-selling artists of all time with such hits as “Just the Way You Are,” “Uptown Girl” and “Allentown” is being awarded the nation’s highest honor Sunday for influencing American culture through the arts.
Billy Joel joins Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, opera star Martina Arroyo and actress Shirley MacLaine in receiving the Kennedy Center Honors. All of them have been playing music, dancing or singing since they were children – and have never stopped. READ FULL STORY
'Kennedy Center Honors': Watch the Buddy Guy tribute that stole the show, President Obama rock out for Led Zeppelin -- VIDEO
The 35th Annual Kennedy Center Honors aired last night (read Ken Tucker’s review here), and it was another ceremony filled with memorable moments. Here are a few of the highlights that have already surfaced on YouTube:
Beth Hart’s performance of “I’d Rather Go Blind” with Jeff Beck for honoree Buddy Guy moved the crowd in the theater (including Barack and Michelle Obama, watch them at 2:32 in the clip below) and at home (I know I went to iTunes and purchased that song off of her album with Joe Bonamassa, Don’t Explain). READ FULL STORY
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Xmas release
- 2015 Preview: See new EW cover
- 'Revenge' adds Gina Torres in recurring role
- Charlie Sheen revisits 'Ferris' for 'Goldbergs'
- Stephen Collins admits to sexual abuse
- Bryan Singer accuser indicted in a fraud case
- 'The Voice' season 7 winner is...
- 'Parks and Rec' peek at Pawnee 2017
- 'Annie' movie review: An autotune disaster
- Netflix: See what's new for January
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks