Take a look at that photo. What more evidence do you need that the leading ladies of American Horror Story: Coven — Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, and Angela Bassett — are having a freaking blast? Take Bassett’s voodoo queen Marie Laveau: When she’s not having sex with a minotaur (R.I.P.), Laveau gets to luxuriate on a throne made of bones in the back room of her hair salon and proclaim things like “She done messed with the wrong weeeetch.” Meanwhile, Bates tears through Madame LaLaurie’s vitriolic speeches like a raptor. “I love going to work,” she admits. “Every scene has something exciting in it for me to do, and part of the fun, too, is reading every new script. I never know what’s coming.” Adds Lange, It’s been wonderful to be able to play humor — to have somebody as sharp-witted [as Fiona].” This week’s Entertainment Weekly cover story takes you behind the scenes — and they’re some pretty fabulous and freaky scenes, at that — at one of television’s biggest breakout hit of the season, American Horror Story. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Kathy Bates (1-2 of 2)
Do the opening credits of American Horror Story: Coven give us any clues to the upcoming season ? We’ve singled out five creepy frames below — scroll down to see for yourself, if you dare.
- Golden Globes nominations are in
- Golden Globes noms: Who's up/down for Oscars?
- Golden Globes TV noms: Nice surprises, nasty snubs
- Golden Globes movie noms: Who got snubbed?
- Taylor Schilling on 'Golden' glow for 'Orange'
- Jared Leto gets Globes news on tour bus
- 'American Horror Story: Coven' recap: 'Head'
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a line in the sand
Top 5 Most Read
- Beastie Boys sue GoldieBlox for copyright infringement over 'Girls' video
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- 'Survivor' recap: Drawing a Line in the Sand
- '12 Years a Slave' and 'American Hustle' lead Golden Globe nominees
- 'Britney Jean' nets Britney Spears her worst opening week ever; Garth Brooks and Duck Dynasty carry on