MAD Magazine created a variant cover for an upcoming issue of Justice League, featuring beloved green-skinned superhero Martian Manhunter transforming into beloved freckle-faced mascot Alfred E. Neuman. Check out the image below! (UPDATE: This post originally featured the incorrect MAD Magazine image. You fooled us again, MAD Magazine!) READ FULL STORY »
Tag: Justice League (1-3 of 3)
The internet feels like such a cold and empty place without any Batman movie rumors. Fortunately, HitFix posted a report late last night that is at once totally crazy and entirely plausible. According to the site, Joseph Gordon-Levitt — who played John Blake, a.k.a. Twist-Ending Robin, in The Dark Knight Rises – is already set to play Batman in the still-evolving superteam film Justice League. Moreover, reporter Drew McWeeny claims that Gordon-Levitt might be appearing in Man of Steel for a quick continuity cameo, à la Downey Jr. in Incredible Hulk. READ FULL STORY »
The superhero wars are heating up. With Marvel Studios’ The Avengers now No. 3 on the all-time box-office chart, Warner Bros. appears hungry for a blockbuster superhero group of their own and is trying yet again to rev up a Justice League of America franchise. According to Variety, Will Beall, the screenwriter of the forthcoming crime epic Gangster Squad, has been tapped to pen a script. The new effort comes four years after Warner Bros. grounded a different Justice League project directed by George Miller (Babe, The Road Warrior). At the same time, the studio is developing separate, individual franchises for Justice League members Flash and (for the umpteenth time) Wonder Woman. Behold the legacy of The Avengers: A potential second wind for modern superhero cinema, and an affirmation of Marvel’s shared-universe approach — a business model which Warner Bros. (via DC Entertainment) might be able to milk and maximize in ways Marvel Studios can’t, given that Warner controls all of DC’s most valuable brands (Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, in particular) and Marvel, at present, does not (see: Spider-Man, The X-Men, The Fantastic Four). READ FULL STORY »
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Justin Bieber booed at Billboard Awards
- Billboard Music Awards winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 410
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 359
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 537