Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references — silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote – and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Tag: Jimmy Stewart (1-1 of 1)
- Columbus Short accused of threat to wife
- James Franco vs. N.Y. Times reviewer
- 'X-Men' director accused of sex abuse
- 'Mrs Doubtfire 2'? Count Mara Wilson out
- AC/DC: Malcolm Young 'taking a break'
- Cannes Film Festival '14 lineup revealed
- Jack Gleeson react to 'Thrones' twist: Pic
- Channing Tatum + 'X-Men'? Gambit talk