Well, New Girl, meet pointed satire. Paulilu, a New York sketch comedy group, has released Old Girl, their own spin on FOX’s runaway hit. This time, the new roommate isn’t Jessica Day, an odd but attractive young teacher who’s 90% bangs, but Muriel Rosenberg, a cranky octogenarian played by Helen Slayton-Hughes. She’s quick with age-appropriate pop references — silent film hunk Rudolph Valentino, the ’80s procedural Murder She Wrote – and has trouble with pesky amenities like TiVo. What’s funny is that the dynamics of Old Girl are basically the same as on New Girl. Watch it below.
Tag: Jimmy Stewart (1-1 of 1)
- Mike Nichols, Oscar-winning director, dies
- Mike Nichols: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Bill Cosby to AP on allegations: 'no comment'
- 'Cosby Show' repeats pulled by TV Land
- 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas on new EW cover
- John Cameron Mitchell on B'way as Hedwig
- National Book Award to Iraq vet Phil Klay
- 'Far Cry 4' game review: A masterpiece
- Hugh Laurie signs on for 'Veep' role
- 'Longmire' saved by Netflix; season 4 in '15