Comedian, podcaster, and very angry man Marc Maron is debuting a new scripted series for IFC which depicts “his day-to-day struggle to maintain relationships other than the ones with his podcast audience and his beloved trio of cats.” It is appropriately entitled Maron, premiering on May 3 — and its first episode (“Dead Possum,” written by veteran sitcom-er Sivert Glarum) is available online, in full, right now.
Tag: IFC (1-2 of 2)
IFC has made a mission of promoting up-and-coming comedians as part of the network’s growing lineup (in between the odd documentary or random indie flick from the ’90s, of course). Their poster child is Fred Armisen — along with Carrie Brownstein and their show, Portlandia — but the channel has also fostered new shows from comedians Marc Maron (whose upcoming show Maron grew out of his popular WTF podcast) and Scott Aukerman, whose Comedy Bang! Bang! show launched recently on the network. At a panel today, Armisen, Aukerman, and Maron discussed the transition from alternative comedy to television series.
Below, some highlights from the hour-long talk…
READ FULL STORY »
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' recap at 8 ET to be bumped by news
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- Beyonce's 'Grown Woman' surfaces online
- 'DWTS' has voting snafu on ABC.com
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- Microsoft poised to unveil new Xbox
- 'Wolverine' trailer: Logan broods, fights