The ’60s were a crazy yet influential time in our country’s history. People were fighting for their civil rights at home while debating America’s involvement in a growing conflict abroad, striving to find a place in this world that they could call their own. Half a century later, not much has changed. So reviving the 1967 American tribal love-rock musical Hair at the Hollywood Bowl for a three-night-only run this weekend has a special resonance beyond the potential to see famous people get naked on stage. And though stars like Kristen Bell, Amber Riley, and Sarah Hyland did not take it all off, they lead a spectacular cast of film and TV stars returning to their roots—theatrically if not follicle-wise. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Hunter Parrish (1-2 of 2)
The Hollywood Bowl’s yearly A-list musical production has cobbled together another star-packed cast for this year’s mounting of Hair, directed and choreographed by Adam Shankman.
Kristen Bell (Frozen) will lead the cast as Sheila, alongside Hunter Parrish (Weeds) as Claude, Amber Riley (Glee) as Dionne, Jenna Ushkowitz (Glee) as Jeanie, and Beverly D’Angelo (who starred in the 1979 film version of Hair) as Mom. Shankman’s Instagram announcement also includes Broadway vet Benjamin Walker, recording artist Mario, and 2 Broke Girls star Beth Behrs among the cast. READ FULL STORY
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Xmas release
- 'Interview': No DVD, VOD plans at Sony
- 'Interview' derailed: Celebs tweet reactions
- Steve Carell's North Korea-set movie off
- 'Orphan Black' sets return date, debuts teaser
- Amy Brenneman returning to 'Reign'
- Manu Bennett joins cast of MTV's 'Shannara'
- 'Star Wars VII': 10 things Andy Serkis can say
- 'Mythbusters' to put 'Simpsons' to the test
- 'Annie' movie review: An autotune disaster
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks