When I began covering Lifetime’s new soap Devious Maids last year, I was every bit the open-minded – albeit conflicted – journalist. The internal debate I was having about the show – about five Hispanic maids – went something like: “Well, there’ll finally be a television show with a primarily Latina cast!” Followed by, “But they’re all maids.” A slew of thoughts ensued, all along the lines of “We Latinas are more than maids – we’re doctors, engineers, bankers and more,” and then “maids are people too and that’s how many immigrants earn their start in this country.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Hispanic (1-1 of 1)
- Christopher Nolan's first Comic-Con
- 'The Judge' to open Toronto Film Fest
- Megan Fox: 'Turtles' nixed 'girl power'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- 'Veronica Mars' fans win mtvU honors
- Mark Hamill talks 'Star Wars' at BBC
- 'Legend of Korra' to move online
- 'Pornstache' not returning to 'OITNB'?