When I began covering Lifetime’s new soap Devious Maids last year, I was every bit the open-minded – albeit conflicted – journalist. The internal debate I was having about the show – about five Hispanic maids – went something like: “Well, there’ll finally be a television show with a primarily Latina cast!” Followed by, “But they’re all maids.” A slew of thoughts ensued, all along the lines of “We Latinas are more than maids – we’re doctors, engineers, bankers and more,” and then “maids are people too and that’s how many immigrants earn their start in this country.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Hispanic (1-1 of 1)
- 'Sin City 2' trailer too sexy for ABC?
- 'Undateable' renewed for season 2
- 'Big Brother': Evicted houseguest is...
- Kathie Lee Gifford's 'Today' mini-musical?
- Directors push deal for Kodak movie film
- 'Essential *NSYNC' is news to *NSYNC?
- Allison Williams as Peter Pan for NBC
- 'Sharknado 2': 3.9M dive in, a Syfy record
- Rob Zombie crowdfunds killer clown movie
- Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater': Nov. 7