Syfy has trended silly the last few years, with a programming slate filled with light-hearted semi-procedurals. 2009 was Year Zero: Battlestar Galactica ended four seasons of critical acclaim and low ratings; Warehouse 13 began five seasons of good ratings and zero acclaim; the channel changed its name to Syfy, which still looks like a word somebody wrote on the whiteboard as a joke. There’s nothing intrinsically wrong about the rebranding: At its best, the channel suggests the USA Network with more greenscreen and more semi-repressed Canadian accents. Like, lots of people like Haven. I haven’t met them, but I still believe they exist. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Helix (1-1 of 1)
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur': Meet the cast
- 'Survivor': MLB alum John Rocker to play
- 'Survivor' twist revealed: 'Exile Island' returns
- 'Sopranos': Tony dead? David Chase says...
- Chris Soules is the new 'Bachelor'
- Homer Simpson takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'Covert Affairs': Inside finale's traitor reveal
- Chloe Grace Moretz: Piracy KO'd 'Kick-Ass 3'
- Sarah Paulson talks two-headed 'AHS' role
- Sara Bareilles' 'Smile' for Emmy In Memoriam