Studies have shown that Hidden Gems of the Week, EW.com’s collection of reader-submitted ridiculata, is the best way to enjoy Dancing With the Stars without ever having to turn it on. It’s a visual feast of sparkles, fringe, and flesh. Ready to go down the rabbit hole? Behold this bountiful smattering of Visible Gems! READ FULL STORY
Tag: Heavage (51-60 of 90)
weekly occurrence, please, watch the clip below) and Grace Park’s Kono Kalakaua landed in a swimming pool while fighting a cyber terrorist (guest star Ivana Milicevic). The camera could’ve followed his walk out of the water and into his house, and she could’ve been wearing something other than a blue henley, jeans, and flats when she hit the water. It’s refreshing to watch a woman dressed like that kick ass. She doesn’t need to be wearing leather pants, a leather bustier, or a leather jacket to prove she’s tough. Plus, it’s too hot to.Last night’s episode of Hawaii Five-0 showed remarkable restraint when you consider that Alex O’Loughlin’s Steve McGarrett went for a swim in the morning montage (
Other notes on Week 2:
• It’s apparently also too hot for McGarrett’s team to wear gloves at a crime scene.
• You’d think O’Loughlin would’ve looked the sexiest in a bulletproof vest. because he wore a black tee that showed off his biceps underneath. But it was definitely Daniel Dae Kim. Chin Ho Kelly should always wear that light, white, long-sleeved henley just in case he needs to put on the vest. It’s a great neckline for him, and the fabric pulls tight on his arms when he opens a door holding a shotgun. (Watch the clip below.)
• The writers should continue to use Hawaii’s tourist population for comedic effect. Last night, the guys, fully armed, had to ride a hotel elevator with a family. (Watch the clip below.) READ FULL STORY
Magnum, P.I. and Simon & Simon, and subconsciously emulates the TV sleuths on the job – for ABC. A rep for Scheuring confirms he’s writing the pilot script, which McG (Charlie’s Angels, Terminator Salvation) is hoping to direct if it gets picked up. I’m loving this for multiple reasons: 1) McG also helmed the Chuck pilot, to which I imagine I, PI will have a similar irreverent tone. 2) It sounds like a role tailor-made for someone as charming as Castle‘s Nathan Fillion — and who doesn’t want to see more of that kind of man on TV? (I’m feeling Friday night, not because I’d want ABC to bury it, but because it’s the kind of show I’d want to watch at the end of a week that’s left me too exhausted to go anywhere but my couch. I suspect other viewers old enough to remember Magnum and Simon & Simon are working just as hard.)This could be awesome: McG and Prison Break creator Paul T. Scheuring are developing I, PI – an hour-long drama about a private investigator who learned everything he knows about his chosen profession from favorite childhood shows like
Based on the little information we have, who could you see playing the PI if it gets a pilot order? And what inspiration would you like him to draw from Thomas Magnum and Rick and A.J. Simon? Magnum’s short shorts, no. Rick’s penchant for heavage, yes. (Magnum was set in Hawaii and Simon & Simon in San Diego, so we expect the guy to have picked a locale in which he can tan.) For inspiration, we’ve embedded the pilot of the shows below. Head to Hulu to watch full episodes of Simon & Simon and Magnum, P.I. Suddenly hoping for rain this holiday weekend? READ FULL STORY
Having not read the Dylan Dog comic book series, I can’t comment on whether the film, starring Brandon Routh as the “ace detective of the undead,” looks like a solid adaptation. I can just say that as Routh’s Dylan Dog fights to keep order between the worlds of vampires, werewolves, humans, and zombies, I hope they all respect the beauty of that face and leave it the way they found it. Also, watching the trailer (below), the body shop scene gave me a Beetlejuice vibe, while the vampire baddie Taye Diggs plays led me to believe that he really wanted to be in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie (the graveyard has a similar feel, no?) and TV series but wasn’t clever enough. That said, they had me at the shirtless shot. READ FULL STORY
- 'Interview' 'will be distributed': Sony lawyer
- 'Hobbit' wins at weekend box office: $56.2M
- Mike Myers makes surprise visit to 'SNL'
- Sony hires real-life inspiration for Olivia Pope
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 album
- 'Amazing Race' season 25 winners are...
- Obama: 'A mistake' to pull 'The Interview'
- 'Colbert Report' has immortal, all-star finale
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- 31 Days of Holiday Binge: December picks