Here at PopWatch we’re committed to keeping you informed about the things you may not need to know, but that you want to know. So, yes, go ahead and guess which Grammy winner, famous for achingly vulnerable performances, has street cred (and a violent streak). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Grammys (11-20 of 78)
If there was one red carpet trend to be found at last night’s fashionably chaotic Grammys, it was some attendees putting the actual pomp in pomp and circumstance. (If only two or three more people had brought Popes. Sorry, Nicki/Roman, but one Pope date does not a trend make.) No less than eight stars hairsprayed their best Conan O’Briens when they arrived at the Grammys rocking sky-high pompadours.
READ FULL STORY
I didn’t go to Sunday church today, but good news, guys! We all got a dose of religion at the Grammys, where the pope showed up on the red carpet! Well, sort of: Nicki Minaj, always known for her subtle fashion choices (sarcasm!), brought a pope look-a-like as her date, while she dressed as a Cardinal/Little Red Riding Hood hybrid. Take that, Lady Gaga’s egg!
Praising Minaj’s sacrilege, or Cardinal fashion sin, PopWatchers?
Follow Kate on Twitter @KateWardEW
You don’t have to wait until Sunday’s Grammys to find out if Adele sounds just as heavenly post-vocal cord surgery. During her 60 Minutes interview with Anderson Cooper, which airs Sunday at 7 p.m. on CBS, she sang “Rolling in the Deep” for him a cappella. Watch a clip below. What’s better: That Adele had to sing it a cappella because her nails were too long to play the piano, or that Anderson admits he jogs to “Rolling in the Deep” every day? READ FULL STORY
On Sunday, Lady Gaga dressed (bizarrely) for the Grammys, but today, she dressed for aisle 9 at Duane Reade. In this video from today’s edition of Good Morning America, pop’s current First Lady is clad in one of her wackiest ensembles yet: a flesh-colored, “latex condom-inspired outfit,” topped off with a hat that’s a little Three Musketeers, a little Quaker Oats Man, and a lot crazy. (If only Woody Allen from Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* (*But Were Afraid to Ask) were there to accompany her.)
There is, however, a method to Gaga’s madness, according to the star. READ FULL STORY
Like most red-blooded Americans, I love videos of newscasters making giant flubs on the air — like this one, this one, and (especially) this one. But the following clip, in which CBS News reporter Serene Branson’s post-Grammys report devolves into gibberish, is actually kind of unsettling. Suspicions that something may have been wrong with Branson were raised further after a (totally unconfirmed) report surfaced earlier today that she was hospitalized shortly after the segment aired. Calls to CBS News were not returned. Here’s hoping everything is okay and it was just a run-of-the-mill goof. UPDATE: CBS Los Angeles reports that Branson was not hospitalized after all. She was examined by paramedics immediately after her broadcast, who found her vital signs to be normal. READ FULL STORY
- 'Sherlock' season 3: 10 new photos
- 'Doctor Who' Xmas special: Pics and clips
- Paul Walker tribute from 'Fast & Furious'
- 'Mob City': 18 stylish shots
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman: Let's think this through
- 'Veronica Mars' out 3/14/14 -- and we have a clip!
- 'Mob City': What to expect
- Frank Darabont: Back from the 'Dead'
- Lady Gaga Muppet special a ratings turkey 1427
- Gunfight at the Not Okay Corral 684
- 'The Walking Dead' midseason finale: 'Too Far Gone' spoilers 443
- ‘Fast and Furious’ actor Paul Walker dead after car crash 394
- '12 Years a Slave': The emotional reactions that make director Steve McQueen thankful -- Q&A 366
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' casts Marcia Gay Harden as Christian Grey's mother
- 'Veronica Mars' movie gets a release date; plus, watch a clip! -- EXCLUSIVE
- Gal Gadot to star as Wonder Woman in 'Batman Vs. Superman'
- 'American Horror Story': Watch Cordelia and the 'Coven' plot Fiona's murder -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: You are My Sunshine